Ch. Twenty Five

Love For You

Esmeralda's pov

I stood practically hyperventilating, gazing into Vikram's prideful eyes. Pondering on my thoughts as they were scrambled in my mind, standing and wandering until Vikram looked towards the guards, nodding and walking away from Lucas and I.

Lucas rose his hand and knocked on the door rather loudly, my body jumping at the sudden sound.

I need to gather my senses before I commit to doing or saying something incredibly unforgiving and stupid in front of the broad and masculine man in the very next ro-

"Come in.", his voice made my heart sink and the goosebumps rise through my olive skin.

Lucas grabbed my elbow in a firm yet gentle grip and brought me with him into the realms of hell. I could feel the heat rise within my body and the blush set on my face, shading me of complete crimson.

I remembered to keep my head down, but still managed to keep my shoulders square as I was practically dragged in until Lucas halted and I did as well.

"Lucas, you're dismissed.", and just as quickly as he came, the body next to mine all but disappeared and the sound of the doors closing was all that was heard.

I looked behind me and managed to look forward as well, only to find Master's head down, his eyes gazing at my legs that managed to shake uncontrollably now, completely aware that I am alone in the room with him.

"Esmeralda, quit your shaking. I summoned you only to discuss a serious matter with you, nothing else. I'm not going to hurt you.", his voice rose slightly toward the end of his sentence, cutting knives into what was left of my heart. "Sit."

I obeyed his command instinctively, responding quickly in fear. I sauntered over towards the seat that he once made me unconscious on, shaking the memory away, I sat and waited. My head bowed.

"Relax Esmeralda, I'm only interested in discussing what exactly happened in the auction hou-"

"I already told you the truth Master, he raped me." Did he honestly not believe me?

How could I have been so stupid, of course he would never have even dreamed of entitling his trust on a mere pathetic slave, I'd been so foolish to trust him myself.

"Interrupt me one more damn time slave, and I will make sure that rape is the last of your concerns.", he threatened, the tone gritted through his teeth I could sense his anger.

Did I interrupt him? Crap, I did..

"My apologies Master.", I whispered, keeping my head down.

"Look at me when I am speaking to you."

Hesitantly, I looked up slowly, swallowing up the image before me. Taking in the black desk before me, and the masculine hands resting upon it, the silver band on his ... wedding finger?

I gazed at it, confused, before bringing my eyes up to the black crisp dress shirt, still tucked yet unbuttoned and rolled up at the sleeves, exposing his gorging biceps.. the tan arms that all but hugged the material close.

I let my eyes linger more before gazing up at his overnight stubble, messy yet perfect, and his pink formed lips that I've only dreamt of kissing one last time.. that straight nose, and finally his dark yet hazel like eyes that now pierced into mine.