Ch. Six

Esmeralda

Master's pov

I watched her unconscious body sprawled across my office floor. If only she didn't look at me, I wouldn't have done what I did. She knows nothing of this lifestyle, yet another thing I need to note to Vikram once I see him again. I need experienced slaves.

Not a disobedient, foolish, and young adolescent. It is not my job to train this pathetic child. The things I have to go through because of the mistakes of my men.

At the same time, I don't know why I feel a slight pull towards her. She cleaned up exceptionally well, she's an attractive one but I still cannot figure out why she makes me so mad.. so angry with myself.

I have to withstand hurting and damaging her, I could even kill her. She gives off this vulnerable and sympathetic vibe that irritates me.. I hate feeling sorry for my slaves. They have absolutely no privileges, who are they to deserve my sympathy and sorrow?

Nobody, and she is the exact replica of such.

Just as I start to collect my thoughts, I could see her fragile and petite body start to tremble beneath me. I can now see the narrow stream of blood flowing from her arm.

Great. More for my staff to tend to, why must you be so weak?

Her eyes slowly open, and I can see the confused expression form across her small facial structure as she tends to her surroundings quickly. She begins to sit up, and look wondrously across the floor beneath her, keeping her head down.

Slowly she draws her legs up to her chest and begins to weep quietly, keeping her head in her knees.

Well, this is new.

"Master?....", she says in a low whisper, It actually takes me a while to realize she even spoke.

"What?"

"I'm sorry for my insubordination. It won't happen again, Master.", she spoke the last term in a low tone as she gathered her falling tears.

I said nothing. What can I say? Its okay, don't let it happen again? No.

Don't commit anything out of line for I won't hesitate to kill you on the spot? Well being as though she knows no bounds, she'd probably be quick to disobey and might look up for reassurance.

Pathetic, I can't do a damn thing.

"Get up." , I demanded angrily. She's quick to respond and instantly rises, her head towards the ground. I guess somebody learned their lesson, good.

I could see her shake and tremble at the thought of being close to me. Her tears kept falling to the ground freely. I bend down towards her ear, watching her reaction before I decide to speak.

Just as I'm about to recollect my thoughts, I come to an exclusively odd conclusion..... I don't even know her name.

I pull away almost immediately.

"What is your name?", I ask. "And you have permission to look up whenever you answer."

"It's....", she pauses before fully bringing her chin up, eyes closed. And just as her mouth opens to reveal the softest voice possible, her eyes open, introducing the crystal like orbs that gaze upon mine. I can't help but keep my stare in hope that she won't reject and look away.

"Esmeralda, Master."

She continued to stare me down, her eyes showing off her vulnerability and a tad bit of confidence if I'm not mistaken.

I look away and bring my hand up to my hair, tugging at the top and biting my lip. I look back to find her head bowed, and shoulders slumped.

"Esmeralda....", My eyes widen slightly, surprised that I spoke her name aloud, unintentionally.

"Yes Master?"

As words finally started to regulate through my mind, I could hear yelling outside of my door. I look towards the double doors in search for that voice, Vikram. I look back at her, head still bowed.

"Vikram!", I yell, still watching her body as she jumps, startled of my unexpected shouting.

Almost immediately Vikram walks through the door, eyeing me suspiciously as I keep my stare on Esmeralda at all times.

"Take Esmeralda to her designated dorm and have her wounded arm be looked at. I need her prompt and ready for any future commands. Have her stay in the room until searched for.", I say, still keeping my gaze on her.

"Yes Master, let's go slave."

"Yes sir."

Just as she passes me I grab her wounded arm tightly, making her wince in pain, which manages to bring a smile to my face.

"Do try to be a little more obedient. It's your decision whether you choose to be complaisant or prefer to rot in my basement cellar. And remember, as long as you're under my roof...." I paused for a brief moment.

"You belong to me, Esmeralda.", and with that I let go.

It took her a while to process what occurred but once fully aware, she slowly walked up to the double doors towards Vikram outside, head down. The doors finally shut, leaving me time to think and comprehend what happened in my mind in this exact room only moments ago.