Ch. Five

Personal Hell

I could hear Vikram's faint voice in the distance.

"Line up! Facing the direction of the elevator! Hurry up you filthy slaves, don't waste my time!"

No matter how loud Vikram's voice erupted throughout the hall, it sounded like just a faint whisper in the midst of the wind.....slowly fading away....

My attention, however, was locked on the beautifully vast yet cruel body standing before me, and the eyes that reached entirely into my tiny soul. I could all but tell that Master had arranged a different plan for myself.

He continued to lock onto my eyes, breathing heavily. Just as I prayed that he wouldn't punish me, his angry eyes wandered throughout my entirely petite physique, examining and inspecting every inch of my body.

I managed to step back, a dumb idea also, as I bumped into the hard and cold door behind me, causing my Master to close in the remaining space between us. I couldn't help but feel chills running up and down my body.

Finally, after what seemed like hours, his eyes locked back onto mine and he spoke...

"Well, I must say I'm quite surprised. You managed to clean up incredibly well.", he stated, emphasizing the word 'incredibly'.

"You've impressed me... and I'm not easily impressed. Now that I've got your full attention, I would like to acquaint you with your new schedule. It's quite different from the rest of the slaves."

What? A new schedule?

"Before you get any ideas, seeing that your face has just overcome many obstacles of expressions, you must know that I don't do this often. Consider yourself lucky. And before you assume anything else, I would be more than glad to inform you that this request isn't one you should dwell happily upon. Your risks of being punished increases by the minute.", he managed to smirk evilly and analyze my body once again.

"Follow me. And whenever you follow you must always keep a certain distance behind, 5 feet to be exact. Your head must be lowered at all times, and you are to not make eye contact with myself unless told to do so by none other than me. Failure to comply will lead you to your death or, perhaps, your reunion with that pathetic friend of yours. What was her name? Carlie...Cathy...Cassandra....oh yes, Camilla."

His words stabbed into my heart. Camilla.... poor Camilla....All because of my big mouth. She could be alive right now, she could be here .. But no. She's.....she's gone.

"Do I make myself clear?"

She's no longer here...

Interrupting my thoughts I heard a large thud and after a long time of confusion I came back to reality and found myself pinned against the wall and cold liquid running down my hair slowly.

Am I bleeding?

"Did you not hear me?! Do I make myself clear?!", He yelled. His thunderous voice echoing throughout the grand hall.

After what seemed like ages, all that I could manage was a faint and quiet whisper.

"Yes....Master."

"Good. And you should learn to pay attention and not doze off in the middle of instructions. It would save you a lot of suffering, and a lot of blood also. Follow me."

After wandering the halls and reaching the double doors that led to his office I had realized that Master never blindfolded me, nor did he chain me.

The other slaves were blindfolded and once they were aligned they were chained together and lead by Vikram. I wasn't however...

As Master approached the double doors the guards moved and opened the door in an incredibly synchronized manner. It looked as though they were each other's reflection and everything one did the other did exactly the same.

As much as it bothered me to not be able to look at them perform small but sudden movements, I continued to keep my head down in fear.

Once we entered the room I stood in the middle of it all, head down awkwardly as Master resumed to his desk in the far front, facing away from the vast and beautiful windows that were covered in bloody red curtains making the room dark and hard to see.

Blood.... I eyed the ground quickly in search of Camilla's blood from earlier today but found nothing.

He really doesn't want anything to do with us... Then why does he have me here?

"You are to stand to my left as always and resume the position until told otherwise. You may search around the room but never towards my direction. Do not eye my paperwork or anything involving my desk. The second most disturbing thing I hate is nosy people. Come and resume your position, or do I have to come over to you and assist you?", Master stated. Not eyeing me at all until he said 'you'.

I quickly fast walked my way up to the left of him and stood in my designated position, looking around the room except for him and his desk.

"Actually, I want you seated in front of me. Right here in this chair.", Master pointed to a beautifully designed chair in front of his desk facing him directly with his shimmery and expensive looking pen. "I don't fully trust you and who knows what kind of stupid stunt you could attempt."

I slowly walked to the front of the desk, all aware of keeping my head down and hesitantly sat in the front few inches of the chair with my back straight and feet planted firmly as though I were being interviewed.

I looked down to my neatly manicured nails and started to pick at them, being as though I already feel dead and ugly on the inside, why not show it on the outside?

I could feel Master's eyes burning into my flesh, as he continued to inspect my physique like earlier. I could hear shuffling of papers and his pen drop loudly onto his desk.

I looked up to see what exactly was happening and immediately regretted my decision. My eyes found his and my world came to a complete stop. Not again...

I looked down quickly and prayed that he would just forget what just happened, but I knew I was incredibly wrong.. And I knew what was yet to come of what I did...

I could hear his chair being gently pushed back as he stood and his shadow loomed over my small body. His feet started stalking slowly towards me, and I could hear my heavy breathing throughout the entire room.

Just then Master came to a complete stop directly in front of my feet. He slowly lowered himself and rested his hands on the armrests of the chair I was placed in. I could feel his warm breath on my forehead...

"Look at me..", he said in almost a whisper, but made it clear that he was serious about his command. His smooth voice made me obey to his direct orders, giving in to him immediately.

Why does he have this effect on me?

I slowly raised my chin and was literally millimeters away from his perfectly structured face. If only he wasn't so cruel.

His eyes stayed glued to mine. His breathing shallow. I could see the veins on his forehead bulging in rhythm of his pulse.

Something was wrong.. And it had nothing to do with my disobedience.

Before I knew it I could feel pain erupting from my entire body and darkness was slowly overcoming my viewpoint that I could no longer focus.

Did he just hit me?