Ch. Ten

(Lucas)

Planning Hell

I woke up with the sound of someone banging on my door. What had happened last night?

"Wake up slaves!"

And reality had finally hit me. My mind is tracked back into this hell, but something was on my mind that I couldn't seem to get rid of... Master.

He had carried me and tucked me in last night, could it have been through feelings? No, definitely not... it must have been because I was wounded.

Slowly getting up, I attempt to put on my uniform, the pain erupting throughout my entire body. Stay strong Esmeralda, fight through this.

I took a nice glance through the mirror into my reflection, I looked dead. I slowly sighed and looked down, I'll never be good enough. Reaching the handle of the door and opening it, I managed to run into a stone hard body.

Just my luck...

I felt a hand cup my chin and lift it towards the body's eye level. Slowly scanning the rather muscular body, I final reached the man's dark yet addictive eyes, they were captivating... almost mesmerizing.

To my surprise, it wasn't Vikram. But he's the one that usually comes and retrieves me.. My breathing started to quicken as I maintained eye contact.

"No no no sweetheart, Master himself has instructed you stay put and wait until he comes and gets you himself.", he had stated as a matter of fact. "I'm guessing you're his favorite little toy, and I wouldn't blame him... you're an innocent little thing. Now go back and get cleaned."

I slowly nodded and dropped my gaze, turning around and shutting the door behind me leaving me wondering all but two things..

Why does Master want me personally?

And where the hell is Vikram?

- A couple hours before-

Master's pov

Shutting the door behind me, I managed to run into one of my men securing the halls. Looking around, I saw the dead slave still lying there and anger rose inside of me again, can't they fucking take care of things themselves? First Vikram and now this?

"Lucas", I stated through gritted teeth, closing my eyes and pinching the bridge of my nose with the other hand resting in my pocket.

"Yes sir?", the fear in his voice managed to calm me down a little, keyword being little.

"As much as I would love to keep a souvenir of the dead pathetic slave in front of me and see it rot slowly and waste away, the stench would be quite unbearable and of course, she's staining my carpet with her ridiculous amount of blood.", I started angrily.

"So would you kindly do me the favor in getting it fucking cleaned up? Have you no common sense or are you all fucking blind? What on earth makes you think I want this fucking useless body to remain here in my halls?", my tone began to rise in octaves as my rage seeped through.

"Pick it up and see to it that you will be the one to awaken these slaves bright and early in the morning, after having to secure the halls all night. In consequence, as you stay up and watch over these slaves, takes some time to think about your actions or rather what you didn't do and hopefully regain some of your fucking intelligence, seeing as though you've drained your mind of it completely."

He remained posted with wide eyes, looking at me cautiously.

"Yes sir."

As I started towards the elevator, a thought had occurred to me. I turned only my head looking down and keeping my body facing the front of the doors of the elevator, waiting until it ascended.

"And if you are to encounter Vikram, send him up to my office. I need to have a quick word with him."

And with that I entered through the doors and ascended back up to my office, sacrificing sleep in order to put Vikram in his place.

Exiting the elevator, I see my men posted and.... resting?

I make my way through my men and slam the doors to my office open, smacking them right in the face. I stop dead in my tracks.

"Oh I'm sorry for waking you up from your slumber, I wasn't aware that I paid you well money just to sleep, but continue... Maybe soon enough you'll both rest for eternity.", and with that the doors closed.

Making my way towards my desk I waited for Vikram to show up, hours must have passed as I waited patiently and I couldn't help but let my thoughts roam to Esmeralda.

Such a weak and poor girl.... Her weakness is contagious, almost as if she's making me weak as well. And that cannot happen. It will not happen.

It's not like I have feelings for the stupid slave, excuse me for having a heart. But maybe it's time to hide it back in the dark and show my people where they truly belong... in this hell... in my hell.

However, a thought occurred to me

"Guards!", hopefully they aren't fucking sleeping.

"Yes sir?", they both said in unison, opening the door and standing there at attention. As the doors opened I could see the rays of small sunlight enter the room. It's already day time? I look at my clock. 6:30 am.

The slaves are awoken at 7:00.

I hope they are well rested, they'll need it.

But Esmeralda is injured.. damn her. Always making my fucking job complicated.

"I want you to instruct my men to meet up at the hall for an assembly, along with the slaves. Leave Vikram to me and have him wait me for me here in my office. As for Esmeralda, have her remain in her dormitory."

"Yes Sir."

And with that, I started planning the events that would take place later today.