The Morning After

Vlad was the first to wake up. He looked down at Danny who was in his arms. He smiled and ran his fingers through his raven colored hair. Danny smiled in his sleep. Vlad knew Danny liked his hair being touched. Danny started to wake up.

"Good morning my little badger." Vlad said.

"Good morning fruit loop." Danny replied still half asleep.

"I really wish that you would come up with a better nickname for me." Vlad said.

"But I really like that name for you." Danny said.

"Fine. You will think of a new one eventually. I can be sure of that." Vlad said.

"No I won't." Danny said leaning against Vlad more.

Vlad looked over at the clock it read 5:57. "I guess we should have dinner soon. What would you like to eat little badger?" Vlad asked.

"I don't know. What ever is good with you is good with me. I thought you knew what I liked anyways." Danny said.

"Yes Daniel, I know what you like. I am going to tell the chef to make shrimp alfredo with garlic bread and for dessert we will be having vanilla ice cream with blackberries on top." Vlad said.

"That sounds really good but why the fruit on ice cream? I don't mind the fruit. I'm just wondering why." Danny said.

"Fruit is a healthy choice to put on ice cream. That is why I chose that." Vlad said.

"Okay. We should go and tell the chef so we don't starve. We missed lunch remember." Danny said.

"Yes I remember that Daniel. We had a lot of time alone in here." when Vlad said that Danny started to blush a light shade of blue. Vlad saw him blushing blue and asked, "Do you blush blue because of your core?"

Danny's blush disappeared and answered, "Yes, you are correct."

"Let's go tell chef what we want for dinner." Vlad said standing up.

"Okay." Danny said following him to the kitchen.

Vlad went over to the chef and told him what they wanted.

"Would that be all sir?" The chef asked.

"Yes that would be all." He replied.

"I will have to done with in half an hour." The chef said.

"Okay we will be back by then. Come Daniel. We are going to my study. I have some work to get done." Vlad said.

"Alright." Danny said following Vlad to his study.

When they got there Danny sat on the couch while Vlad sat at his desk starting his paper work. Danny sat in the chair across the room taking out his phone.

"Hey Vlad, should I tell my parents that I'm here? Because I told them I was going to go over to their house tomorrow. Or do you want to?" Danny asked.

"I'll call them. They will understand if their college buddy calls them and tells them that I took you to visit me." Vlad replied not looking up from his paperwork.

"I'll do it. You seem busy." Danny said dialing his old home phone number.

Ring, ring, ring.

"Hello?"

"Hi mom."

"Oh hi Danny. Are you still coming over? We miss you. We even visited the café and they said you didn't feel good on Tuesday. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I miss you guys too. I have been at Vlad's. He saw me walking home and then took me to his place. He took good care of me." Danny said.

"Vlad helped you? What a nice surprise. Do you know when you are off next?" Maddie asked.

"I don't know but I'll tell you when it is. I have to go. I'll talk to you later. I love you. Bye."

"Alright love you too. Bye." Maddie said and hung up the phone. Danny hung up the phone too and sat back down on the couch.

"I said that I could have called them." Vlad said still not looking up from his paper work.

"You seem busy so I just called them." Danny said.

Vlad glanced over at the old grandfather clock, "Well dinner should be almost done. How about we go and eat?"

"Okay let's go." Danny said standing up and walking towards the door.

Vlad walked over to the door and holding it open for him.

"Thank you Vlad." Danny said walking to the kitchen.

"Your welcome little badger." Vlad said.

Vlad walked into the kitchen first with Danny very close behind him almost hugging him, "Is something wrong Daniel?"

"I am just cold." Danny said walking closer to him.

Vlad turned around and have Danny a hug, "Better now?"

Danny blushed a little, "Yes much better."

Vlad let go and walked into the kitchen, "Is dinner ready Fred?"

"Yes it is Mr. Masters." Fred said as he took all the food to the table with out the dessert, "I'll serve dessert after you are done."

"Yes thank you Fred." Vlad said.

Both Danny and Vlad sat down at the table. They ate their dinner and dessert in silence. It wasn't an awkward silence. It was very comfortable. After they were done eating they walked up to Vlad's room and went to sleep.

Sorry!!!!!!! I totally forgot to post on here. I hope this update will make it better. If it doesn't oh well.

Danny