Chapter 5

Sorry guys for that late post. I again got really busy. I'm going to try my best to post next Sunday I promise.

Ellie's POV

"Isabelle?" I says after a long time of silence "Izzy please say something" I plead and sit beside her again.

"It all makes sense, you were always afraid of promises after what happened with you're mother promising she'd get both of you out of the fire. Your voice cracked when you called Jace your brother because John is gone. The car crash. You faked your death." Izzy was saying under her breath.

"Listen to me-" I start but was cut of by something I never expected to get from her. A hug.

"Oh my god El! I missed you so much!" Izzy says crying on my shoulder. I wrap my arms around here waist and cry too.

"I missed you too Iz! I'm so sorry I left. I didn't have a choice though, I needed to." I pull away from her. "You can't tell anyone I'm back, you'll be putting yourself and Alec and Jace in trouble." I says looking her in the eyes.

"I promise I won't tell anyone, and I mean it." She says and I pull her into another hug.

"Uh, I missed you guys so much Izzy. I thought about you every day." I tell her.

"We missed you too Ellie. I think one of us more than the others" I know she's talking about Alec, I'd be lying if I said I missed Izzy and Jace more than Alec. "Don't get me wrong me and Jace missed you so much, but Alec took it really hard when you 'died' he didn't leave his room for a month. Once he finally did, he was never the same. He became cold and closed off. Ellie... Alec loved you, like more than a friend loved you." Izzy says.

"I loved him too Izzy I really did, leaving him and you and Jace killed me. I tried so hard to forget you all but I couldn't. I couldn't forget the memories of you guys... I couldn't forget my love for Alec. He was the only one who made me fell like me. Not even Ryan can do that right now." I say and start crying again. Izzy pulls me tighter in the hug.

"Hey, hey, hey, shhh, it's okay. Your here now." She says. I pull away. "Also who's Ryan?" I laugh but focus more on the main problem.

"But I shouldn't be here Izzy. Don't you get it!? I left it keep you guys safe from the men who killed my family. Now that I'm back with you guys who knows what's going to happen. I don't know what I would do if anything happened to any of you." I tell her scared. "Also Ryan is my boyfriend." Izzy brings her hands to my face and cups my cheeks wiping away my tears.

"Nothing is going to happen to me, Jace, Alec, Clary... Or you." She whispers to me calm me down. I nod, "if your really this scared about it maybe we should tell Alec, he can keep you safe." She suggests. "And after we are this conversation we are talking about your boyfriend." I laugh but frown because I can't tell Alec.

"No you can't tell him... I can't tell him he'll hate me. I hate me for leave, I can't imagine how he feels." I say.

"Okay than we won't tell him. It will be our little secret." Izzy smiles at me standing up and throwing up her hand signalling our handshake for secrets. I smile back and laugh because of our handshake. I stand up and look at her.

"You sure you remember?" I smirk at her.

"You kidding I'd never forget. Do you remember?" This time she smirks.

"I'd never forget" I tell her. Our handshake for secrecy is we swing our hand from above our head down to high five, fist pump, hip bump, and finished off with connecting our hand leaning in to kiss our thumbs to signal the bond. when we finish we laugh and hug each other tight still laughing.