Chapter 18

Jace's POV

"Stop. Stop" Clary says running after me.

"Valentine attacked my home. Alec's injured. We've got to go." I say breathing heavily.

"I can't. You know I can't. Simon's in danger-" That last sentence pisses me off.

"So what about Alec? It's not safe out here Clary." I tell her walking slow so she can keep up.

"Okay, did you forget how i single-handedly battle a Shax demon to protect the cup?" She says trying to convince me that she is ready to be in the feild by her self.

"No, I didn't, I was just... I was going to say-" I try but lose my train of thought until she cuts me off.

"That I have a lot to learn, yes, but I dont know what else-" This time I cut her off

"Clary, you're right okay." we stop and I grab her arm. "You're right."

"Did you just say i'm right?" I smirk.

"Don't get use to it." she smiles at me. "Look maybe Luke can help you find Simon. Werewolves are really great trackers."

"Of course, yeah. Good idea." She says taking in a breath knowing she'll have a better chance at finding Simon this way.

"Just promise me you'll be careful, okay?" I ask prutting my hand on her cheek and she nods. 

"Jace we still need to talk about-" I cut her off again.

"Us." she laughs nervously. I don't give her a word respons instead i just lean in and kiss her.

"Excellent talk." She chuckles and I smile. I let her go and watch her run to Luke's, once she turns the corner I start running home.

****

Ellie's POV

Alec, Robert, and I are watching Magnus strengthen the wards as much as he can.

"Are the wards solid now? Nothing will get through?" Robert asks rudely and I roll my eyes.

"Even Magnus' magic has limits. Nothing is perfect. No matter how hard they try to be." I smirk at Magnus knowing he rolled his eyes too.

"Thank you Jamie." Magnus says walking to another spot. "The wards wont hold off that forsaken attack. But my protections will slow them down." he adds and I walk to beside him.

"Extra time is priceless." Robert says staring at the wall.

"Say that after you get his bill." I say and Magnus pushes me away. I turn to face him and wink at him knowing he loves what I said. As I turn back around I am distracted but what Robert says next that I bump into Alec.

"Lydia will take care of that." Robert says walking away.

"Watch where you going Jamie." Alec lets out a small chuckle.

"Oh sorry." I look at his arm. "You know a forsaken wound often needs a little warlock TLC. I'm sure Magnus will be kind enough to help, free of charge." I tell him.

"It's okay." He says pulling his arm away. "I'm Fine." As he pulls up his bandage covering it I frown becuase he has his clave face on.

"If anthing were to happen to you-" Alec justs me off.

"Jamie... I'm good."

"Fine. Good luck with that then." I tell him walking to Izzy.

"That looked bad. Trouble in paradise." Izzy asks.

"Yah right. I haven't told him yet. And he won't let me help him heal. He's just being a big-" She suts me off.

"Meliorn?" Izzy says standing up.