Chapter 33

Ellie's POV

"Valentine." Jace says bringing up his blade again. Valentine raises the cup.

"Demons. Attack my enemies!" I lower my daggers and stand up straight. "I command you!"

"Yah. Hate to brake it to you but thats not going to work." I tell him, "Clary."

"Knock it off guys!" She yells and the demons back off. "You're not the only one who knows how to cast a glamour." She says pulling the real cup out of her bag. He looks at his hand and sees a 'Worlds best dad' mug in his hand rather than the cup, ironic. I turn to Jace who is pissed.

"Jace breath." I whisper.

"Should we let the demons take care of this or...?" Clary asks.

"No. Send then away." My eyes widen at Jace's request.

"Jace do you really thing thats a good idea?" I asks.

"Send. Them. Away." He says kind calm. "He's mine." I reluctandtly nod at Clary to send them away.

"Demons. Be gone!" She says and they dissapear.

"You pretended to be my father." Jace says mad.

"I wasn't pretending, Jace." Valentine says.

"You murdered him. You liar!" Jace lunges forward and puts his blade to Valentines throat.

"I am your father. I always have been." Valentine says not attacking back or anything. I don't like where this is going. "The face that you saw as Michael Wayland was mine. Then and now. It was a powerful glamour. I want you to know me as I am. To know the truth about me... and you."

"Jace! Jace, don't listen to him! He's my father. We know that for a fact." Clary says. I just stand in shock, Jace is Clary's brother.

"That's true that is the fact. I am your father, Clary. And Jace's." He says and my mouth drops. "Think about it. Why are the two of you so drawn together? You are meant to be. Blood calls to blood."

"No." Jace says not wanting to believe it. Valentine notices that he isn't focused anymore so he pushed Jace's blade away from him. Jace stumbles back and I stop him from falling.

"Jace. You okay?" I ask but get no response just him gripping onto my arm. Valentine turns and opens a portal in the standing mirror behind him. 

"My dear family... together at last. A lost mother, found. A brother and sister finally united. A adoptive sister unwanted once again." He says looking at me knowing it would hit a sore spot with me because of Robert Lightwood but I don't let it show, but I tense and Jace notices. He lets go and runs to put his blade to Valentines neck again yelling. "You won't kill me." Valentine gloats. "You won't kill me. I said you were weak, and I meant it." Jace pushes the blade closer to his neck. "What's wrong, Jace? Can't kill the man that raised you, hmm?" 

"I can." Clary says stepping forward but Valentine turns Jace around holding his own blade to his neck causing Clary to stop. I take this opportunity to sneak around behind him.

"Go ahead, Clary. Two for one. We can't even fight back huh? No?" Clary shakes her head at what Valentine says. "Come with me, son. You know that you love me. Your sister is welcome to come, and bring your mother along. We can find a way to get her moving again." 

"Their not going anywhere with you." I say before stabbing him in the gut from behind and watch as he pushes Jace away. "This is for every member of my family." I hold the dagger there for a minute hearing him grunt in pain. "I should kill you but that would be to noble for you. So instead I'm just gonna let you bleed out slowly and painfully." I twist the dagger and pull it out and hear him groan. He turns and looks at me before smirking, he grabs me and pushes me through the portal with him.

"ELLIE!" Was the last thing I heard before everything goes quiet. I start thinking of his old lab hoping that would be where the portal will take us. I heard the sound of magic disappear, I open my eyes and look around me noticing we are exactly where I want to be. Prefect. I look in front of me and see Valentine struggling to stand, I smirk and push him into the cage we found him in before closing the door and locking it. 

"This is where you belong. You fucking piece of shit." I say before turning and running out the front door to find I'm in the middle of nowhere. "Fuck, where the hell am I?" 

Jace's POV

"ELLIE!" Me and Clary yell as we watch Valentine push her through the portal. 

"No, no, no, no. NO!" I yell running to the now closed portal. "Come back. No Elizabeth!" I mumble to myself. I hear the doors thud but I'm to focused on the fact that I couldn't kill Valentine and I let him take Elizabeth. I take it Luke walked in when Clary went quiet and wasn't fighting anything. 

"Jace?" I hear Clary say behind me. I just continue to stare at the mirror hoping it will turn purple again. "Jace." This time she puts a hand on my shoulder and I turn around to her. "Were going now. Luke has my... I mean our mom. Ellie is going to be okay, she's strong. We just have to trust that she can pull through." I nod and turn to follow them but get distracted by something shining in my eyes, it's a long thin stele with runes, owl eyes, and the initials A.L and E.L on it. Ellie's stele. I pick it up and place it in my pocket and head to the car and back to the institute. Once we get there I try heading to my room but end up in Elizabeth's room instead. I walk up to the bed and run my hand on the end blanket before grabbing it and sitting on the bed. I pull it into my chest and let a tear go before fall backwards onto the bed looking at the ceiling. 

"I'm sorry Ro, it's all my fault. I couldn't kill him, and now your gone because of me. I'm sorry." I say pulling her blanket to my neck. I hear a knock on the door, I sit up and wait a second before another knock sounds. I let out a breath and walk to the door still holding the blanket, I open the door to see the last person I thought would knock on this door. 

"Jace?" Alec asks. "What are you doing in Ellie's room?" I roll my eyes.

"I could be asking you that too. Why are you here?" I ask angry at him for marrying Lydia.

"I came to thank her for bringing the cup in. Izzy is free to go thanks to her." He says. "So. Why are you here?" he asks again but then looks at my hand to see her blanket "Why do you have her blanket? Jace. Where's Elizabeth?" My heart hurts when he says her name so I don't answer. "Jace! Where is Elizabeth?"

"I don't know, okay! I don't... I don't know. She went through a portal with Valentine after stabbing him in the stomach. I don't know if she's dead or alive, I don't know if she's safe or in trouble. I don't know anything about her." I tell him everything clenching my fist into the blanket tighter. "If she comes back, which she's probably not going to since she got rid of Valentine, I'll let her know you dropped by." I say closing the door in his face. He may be my parabiti but when it come to Elizabeth she comes first always.