Chapter 16

Hey guys! Sorry I forgot to post last week. I was moving back home to Ontario from BC then back to school all last week. It was a very long and stressful past week and posting slipped my mind. I'm so sorry, so to make up for that I'm going to post 2 chapters today! Hope you all enjoy them and again I'm sorry for not posting last week!
-----------

Ellie's POV

"What the hell El!?" Izzy yells after my sudden outburst. I pace back and forth trying to convince myself that this isn't happening.

"You just told Elizabeth that the only guy she has ever loved is getting an arranged marriage." Magnus explains. "What did you expect her to just sit there and be okay with it?" he snaps at her.

"No obviously but she didn't need to yell." Izzy snaps back at him.  "Ellie talk to us please." she pleads.

"And please stop pacing, your making me dizzy and your scuffing the floor." Magnus says trying to lighten the mood but it doesn't work.

"He is going to get married. I can't tell him, not now. Not ever." I tell them still pacing.

"Okay Elizabeth seriously stop pacing Muffin. Your going to make your self sick." Magnus says pulling me to the couch again. "Now explain." He tries.

"How could your parents do that? How can they make him do something he doesn't want to do?" I start throwing questions out. "Would he do it? Is he doing it? Please tell me he isn't going through with this." I say not taking a breath.

"Breath El, breath." Izzy says. "Mom and dad are trying to re-build the family name. They need him to do it because they don't think I can settle down with a shadowhunter and Alec will do what ever it takes to make his family happy you know that. Now he wouldn't do that not unless it was necessary. He's not going to do it because I told him not to and I'm trying to help take some of the weight off of his shoulders by changing the way I act." Izzy answers all of my questions and I let out a breath. Of course he wouldn't go through with it, unless his family truly needed him to. 

"Curse him being so caring towards his family." I say letting out a small laugh and so does Isabelle until her phone buzzes.

"It's Alec I have to go. The envoy from the clave is here. I'll give you some time to think, if your not going to tell Alec at least tell Ryan." She says and I nod agreeing.

"I can do that." I say.

"Good. I'll see you at home later then. Bye Magnus. Bye Elizabeth" she smiles and Magnus makes a portal letting Izzy go back to the institute.

"What the hell just happened?" I hear a voice behind me say. My head whips around.

"Ryan. Your up. You shouldn't be, not yet anyway." I say surprised.

"Uh, yah. Where am I? Why do I hurt all over? Who is Elizabeth? And how the hell did Izzy just disappear?" He asks all at once. I let out a sigh and look to Magnus for help but all he does is point his head to Ryan telling me to tell him.

"Right uh, we need to talk." I say getting up and grabbing his arm gently walking to my room. "Take a seat on the bed, you shouldn't be up just yet." I say and he follows.

"Jamie what is going on?" He asks me and I cringe at the name, I really don't like it.

"Okay so I'm going to start with you and where I come from. First, and you need to believe me this time, you are turning into a Lycanthropy. -" I am about to continue but Ryan interrupts

"You mean like a werewolf?" he asks.

"Yah exactly that. I am what is called a shadowhunter, half angle half human. And where I'm from we call werewolves part of the downworld. Meaning half demon half human. The downworld consists of anything half demon for example children of the night, children of the moon, and Lilith's children. or in mundane terms, Vampires, werewolves, and warlocks. There is another section of the downworld, they are called the Fair folk, they are different because they are believed to be part demon and part angel but no one is for sure." I look at Ryan and he looks lost. "You don't believe me do you?" I say.

"No, um kinda, I mean it's insane everything your saying but I guess it makes sense a little. Uh maybe if you continue it will make more sense." He says.

"Okay, uh what's next?" I say trying to think of the next question.

"Where am I?" He answers for me.

"Right. You are in my friend Magnus' loft. Magnus is a warlock and he created what is called a portal which is how Izzy disappeared. She walked through the portal and arrived at the institute. Our home." I look him in the eye and smile at him. "and as for who Elizabeth is... that's uh... that's me." At this point his eyes widen.

"What?" he asks.

"My name isn't Jamie Fray. My name is actually Elizabeth Lovelace. My birth parents and twin brother Johnathan were killed by an evil man named Valentine the day I was born, or at lease my mother was and my brother when I was 3. I was then adopted by another family who when I was 5 were killed as well by the same man who is still after me to this day. 5 years later I moved in with the Lightwood family, so Izzy and here brothers; Max and Alec, and parents. Jace also moved in at the same time. At age 11 I faked my death to keep my family, the Lightwoods safe and to stop Valentine from looking for me. No one but you, Magnus, Izzy, Luke, and Jocelyn know the true story. So you cant tell anyone, not even your dad. It would be putting both of you in danger." I finish explaining who I really was and it felt good to finally tell him.

"Okay." Is all he says.

"Okay?"

"Okay you have my word I won't tell anyone." He says and I jump into his arms hugging him. "Ow."

"Oh sorry. Thank you so much for understanding."

"No problem. It's very strange but it all makes sense." he smiles at me. "Just tell me one more thing."

"Anything." 

"Do you or did you ever love me?" He asks and my heart breaks having to tell him this. I let out a sigh.

"At the beginning, yes I did. But I knew in the back of my mind it wasn't going to last." I shake my head. "I'm sorry Ryan but my heart has always belonged to someone else." I say looking at the ground.

"It's Alec isn't it." My head shoots up. "I can tell by the way your eyes lit up when you said his name. I'm not blind Jay-Ellie, I know love when I see it and you love him. Don't you." I nod.

"With everything I have." I look back to the bed.

"Does he know?" I shake my head. "You need to tell him then Ellie. Go tell him who you are, really." 

"I can't Ryan, he's going to hate me." I let a tear fall but hide it from him.

"He's not going to hate you, no one can hate you, your to caring for anyone to hate you. The only way to make sure he wont hate you is to tell him before he finds out from someone else." He lifts my head to face him. "Go tell him Ellie." 

"Thank you for understanding Ryan." I kiss him on the cheek. "I'm always here for you. Please know that." 

"I know that. Thanks Ellie. Now! Go get him." I smile and run out to the living room drawing my portal rune and land in my room.

"I'm going to do this." I say to myself and run to Alec's office. I stop at the door about to open it when I hear voices coming from the closed room.

"But I've realized that... I need to follow my heart." Alec says and I smile.

"Let's not forget where that got me." a female says and I automatically know its Lydia. I get ready to open the door but he continues. 

"I know. And I can't bring John back. But like you said our families have been strong allies. And we can use that to our advantage. Together we can restore my family name and we can keep the institute." my heart breaks, he's talking about Lydia. I back away from the door and run to my room and throw myself on my bed letting the tears fall. I don't want this to be real but I know it is and there is nothing I can do about it.