Chapter 27

Alec's POV

I walk through the portal knowing shes not going to follow but I can still hope. I land in her room and sit on the bed hoping she will show up. 30 minutes later a purple portal shows up in Elizabeths room, I stand up surprised. My smile soon fades when only a note shows up on the ground, I pick it up and see my name on the front 'Alec Lightwood' I sigh and sit back onto the bed holding the letter, shes not coming through. I open the letter and start reading.

Dear Alexander,

I know I only say that when I'm mad but it seemed appropriate for this situation. I know your sitting in my room at the istitute hoping I will show up but I'm sorry I can't  for a few reasons. 1. Jace and Clary need me. 2. I can't be in the istitute because the Clave is just going to question me or worse. And finally but most of all I can't be there, I can't stand in that building when you are going on with something that really shouldn't be happening and we both know it. 

Alec I am so sorry that I kept my appearence secert for so long but I needed to keep you safe and the only way I could do that was to not tell you my identity. I love you so much Alec, I always have and I always will, but I can't be there anymore. After I help Jace and Clary with this I have to leave, I can't be apart of this world anymore, I can't put the only family I ever loved in harms way. That's why I'm leaving tonight, good luck with the marriage Alec I hope Lydia makes you happy, I hope you always are happy. Maybe one day we'll meet again but for now this is goodbye.

I love you Alexander Lightwood.

With all my love,

Elizabeth Lovelace.

I stare at the letter for what feels like forever, she's not coming back. She's never coming back. What did I do? I could have stopped this from happening, if i didn't propose to Lydia, if I agreed to go with her, so many things could have stopped her from leaving but I did them anyway and now I'm paying the price. I stand up leaving the letter sitting on her bed and I go to see Izzy who might be getting stripped of her runes because she stopped me from doing something I was going to regret. I will just have to forget the Elizabeth is alive and focus on my family who is here.

Ellie's POV 

I walk throught the protal and land in a warehouse, I look around and see Jace and Clary infront of a table.

"What is all this?" Clary asks Jace who is trying to figure it out while having a difficult time standing.

"The makings of an army." He tells her. "There's no one here." 

"Did Meliorn lie to us?" Clary asks. "He said that the portal would take us to my father." 

"There's nothing here Clary." Jace says again.

"Now Jace, you should know better than to asume that. Just because you can't see anyone doesn't mean there aren't traces of them left behind." I say making them jump. "Oh relax it's just me." Just then a bang on a door sounds through the building and evryone pulls out their swords ready to fight. The banging continues so I start walking closer to it.

"Ellie be careful." Clary says.

"Don't worry I'll be fine. Stay with Jace." I say getting ready to open the door, I nod at the two behind be and lift the bar off the door stepping back as it swings open. Inside was not what I was expecting, a man sat inside sheltering from the light and holdinghis arms out in fear. Jace steps back in confusion.

"JC... What's wrong?" I ask stedying him.

"It can't be." Is all he says. "It can't be." 

"Use your words. What can't be." I tell him trying to get words out of his mouth.