Chapter 42

Ellie's POV

"Alec." I breath when I see him.

"Hi." Is all he says smiling at me in his white suit. I walk over to him and punch him in the arm.

"What the hell Alec!" I yell at him.

"Ow." He complains holding his arm.

"Why?! Why did you walk out! You almost had a normal life. Why would you throw it all away?" I ask still yelling at him and punching him in the arm.

"Okay 1. Ow please stop hitting me." he says but I don't listen, so he grabs my hands instead and continues. "And 2. I don't want a normal life, I never did. I only ever wanted you, that's why I walked out of the wedding." He says, and I am still mad a him, so I start kicking him since he's holding my arms.

"Idiot! You're an idiot." I yell, and I see Alec flinch in pain from me kicking him.

"Elizabeth! Stop." He says but I continue to kick him, "Fine." He says and next thing I know is I'm pinned to the floor with Alec hovering over top of me.

"Stop hitting me, I couldn't go through with the wedding because it wasn't right. I love you Elizabeth and only you. I couldn't be up there and not be marrying my best friend." He says, I don't listen I just keep struggling to get him off me.

"Let. Me. Go." I say stopping him from talking.

"Stop." He says trying to get me to stop moving, I do. "The moment you walked through the doors of my house when we were 10 I knew there was something special about you. Something I wanted to know more about, something that made me smile every second of the day. Something that made me get out of bed everyday." He pauses, and I just stare at him soaking up everything he's saying. "For the year that you lived with us was the best year of my life."

"You're just saying that." I say quietly.

"Let me finish." He says smiling. "I got to know your laugh, your voice, I got to know what made you smile and what made you angry. I memorized every detail on your face, and every little thing you did and why. Like how the corner of your eyes crinkle when your uncomfortable or someone you love is hurt. Like how when your really happy or excited you sit down and cross your legs right to your chest rather than standing up and jumping up and down." I am on the verge of tears right now because I never realized those small things were noticeable, then again Alec has always known everything about me, more than Izzy, and I know everything about him.

"Alec-" Is all I say before he cuts me off,

"Let me finish." He says laughing and looking at me still hovering over me. "I know every little detail there is to you. And you know every little detail about me, some I didn't even know until you came back. You were there for me through every beating my dad gave me for not being good enough, you were there for me when I was so called confused about my sexuality when really, I was just trying not to like my best friend. You were there for me even when you weren't there. The day you left and 'died' was one of the hardest days of my life. That's the day I knew I loved you for sure." He pauses again so I take this time to say something.

"If you felt that way about me, why did you ask Lydia to marry you? I know I didn't tell you who I was, but you knew Lydia and I never got along and you never liked her either. So why ask her in the first place." I ask him.

"I had just found out my parents were in the circle and that they were the ones who tarnished our name. I wanted to hurt them in the best way I could think of. It was childish, I know, but I was angry. I didn't mean to hurt you in anyway... that and she blackmailed me half the time we were together." He says, just looking at me. We just stare at each other still on the floor. "Forgive me?" He asks, and I put a serious face.

"No." I say faking and watch his face drop, I smirk and flip us over so I'm now pinning him to the floor. "Kidding." I smile at him.

"I love you so much." He says smiling at me.

"I know." I say leaning down and kissing him hard and full of passion. I pull away and smile. "I love you so much Alexander Lightwood. So much it hurts." I look him in the eyes and say that.

"I love you Elizabeth Lovelace." He says, and I let go of his hands and let him sit up with me on his lap still. He brings his hands to my face and place his lips on mine. I run my hand through his raven hair.

"What the hell is happening?" I hear a familiar voice say from behind us and my eyes widen as I pull away from Alec. I turn to face the door than my wrist to see the mark disappeared, then my eyes go back to Alec.

"Please tell me he's really." I ask scared it is another vision.

"Go for it." He says. I smile giving him a quick peck on the lips and jumping up from the floor running into Magnus' arms.

"Whoa. Hey Elizabeth, what's wrong?" He asks holding me.

"Nothing anymore. I'm glad your back and safe." I say burying my face in into his chest breathing in the familiar comfortable scent he had. I don't want to let go but I know I must at some point. "I'm so sorry about Ragnor, I know how much he meant to you." I say holding back tears as I remember Ragnor is not longer with us. He wraps his arms around me and I feel him take a quick breath meaning he is holding back tears.

"I'm okay, I know what he meant to you Ellie, how are you doing. I'm so sorry I didn't let you come with us. You never got to say goodbye, that's my fault." He says.

"It's okay. I'll see him again, all that matters is that your safe and back home." I say pulling away smiling at him. I turn around and look at Alec who is now standing up and holds his hand out to me. I smile and walk into him wrapping my arms around his waist and he rests his chin on my head, thanks to the heels.

"So, I take it everything has worked it's self out between you two." Magnus says pointing his manicured finger between Alec and I. We look at each other and nod.

"Yah. Thanks to you actually... well a hallucination of... see it wasn't actually you, it was more me hoping you would show up-" my rambling was cut short by Magnus.

"Okay, easy Elizabeth. Slow down and explain." He says walking to his chair and Alec and I follow.

"Today was Alec's wedding, hence the dress and tux. I couldn't go cause it hurt to much so instead I came here. I walked around and say the first picture you and I ever took it made me hallucinate you and you gave me some really good advice about going to the wedding, so I did. However, when I got there Alec wasn't there then I thought he would come here because this is always where I come when I'm upset. When I showed up there was Alec in front of me." I explain, and Alec added.

"She kept hitting me like she usually does and wouldn't stop so I pinned her to the ground and told her why I couldn't go through with the wedding, she forgave me for being an idiot and we kissed." He finished and kissed my temple.

"Wonderful. So, it's official." He says.

"What's official?" I ask.

"Alezabeth is a thing?" He smiles, but Alec looks at me and asks.

"Uh, What, is Alezabeth?" I laugh.

"It's a mundane thing. It's called a ship name. It is when you combine the names of a couple together to make a ridiculous name. Like for example, my sister and Jace are Clace. Clary and Jace." I explain.

"Oh, okay I get it." He says, and I smile but it goes drops as soon as I remember what Magnus asked. "What? What's wrong?" He asks seeing my face drop.

"What are we? Are we dating?" I ask and he looks at me confused.