Chapter 7

Sorry guy. I know I haven't posted when I was supposed to so I'm going to post 2 now to make it up to you guys. I hope you enjoy these next 2 chapters.

Ellie's POV

I am sitting at the island in the kitchen eating left over Chinese food, because that seems to be the only thing these people eat now. I mean it makes sense there is no official cook, Izzy can't cook to save her life, Jace is to busy being in love with himself, and Alec. Alec can cook very well he just chooses not to. Once I'm finished I walk to the sink and wash my dishes.

"Hey!" I hear a voice say, I turn around and see Izzy.

"Hey Iz, what's up?" I ask.

"Nothing just coming to check on you. How are you doing? You know with what Alec said about Clary earlier today when we were in my room? Never got the chance to apologize on his behalf, what he said was out of line" She says.

"I'm fine Iz really, he's always been like this. He always has his clave face on, it's nothing new." I tell her.

"Okay if you say so. Um I'm gonna head to bed catch up on sleep a little I guess." She tells me and walks over to me. "Goodnight El! I'm glad your home" she whispers to me as she gives me a hug. I smile and hug her back.

"Me too Iz, sleep well" I tell her and watch her walk out of the kitchen. I turn back to the sink and finishes washing my dishes and start to put them away when I hear the kitchen door open. I laugh under my breath. "Really Iz! I thought you wer-" I start but stop when I turn around and see Alec standing there staring at me. "Oh Alec, hey! Sorry I thought you wee Izzy, What's up?" I asks being caught off guard.

"Who are you?" He asks.

"Sorry?" I ask him honestly being clueless.

"Who. Are. You?" He says again slowly. "And don't give me some bullshit answer. I want the truth." He says walking to me. "Because when ever I'm around you or talking to you I feel something I haven't felt in 7 years. I feel Safe. So tell me Jamie who are you." He says now right in my face.

"I am Jamie Fairchild, first born of Jocelyn Fairchild, sister to Clary Fairchild. Best friend of Simon Lewis. Born in Idris and grew up in Brooklyn. I'm not sure what your hoping to get from me Alec." I say to him telling him my fake life story hoping he bought it, however deep down I know he doesn't because he knows me to well.

"If your telling to truth how come I don't believe you? How can I tell you are lying right to my face. Why is it that every time you speak my heart beat quickens and memories flow through my head? Can you answer me any of those questions? Truthfully." He says still in front of me and close to my face.

"Maybe it's because I remind you of someone, you ever thought about that Alec that I remind you of Elizabeth. That me and her look so similar we could be twins. I've seen pictures Alec. Maybe every time we talk the safe feeling you get is because you haven't felt that way in a long time because no one cared enough to help you feel that way. But guess what Alec I care enough to do so, I care enough to put everything in my life aside to help someone I just met feel like he belongs in this world. I care enough to show him that the person right in front of him likes him back. Is that what you wanted to hear Alec that I care about you just like Elizabeth did!" I say knowing I'm talking about myself, the old me, the one that no longer exists, the one that died in that car crash 7 years ago.

"You don't know anything about me, or Elizabeth. Mine and Elizabeth's relationship was only friendship nothing more, what makes you think she liked me or that I like her?" He asks me and I can hear the anger starting to build in his voice.