Chapter 22

Ellie's POV

We make it to the City of Bones, or really the downworld entrance. This is how the group of shadowhunters are bringing Meliorn to the Silent Brothers. 

"This does not look like the City of Bones." Clary stats the obvious.

"This is the Downworlders entrance." Jace explains 

"The City of Bones has a service entrance. Perfect!" Clary says sarcastically.

"I hope I had better luck here than I did last time. I'm just saying" Simon jokes about Raphael kidnapping him. I shoulder bump him.

"See your already acting like the Simon I know and love. You just have to trust yourself." I say to him and lock our fingers together, I love this boy like a brother and I'm not going to let him being a vampire change anything between us. We stop and Clary starts addressing the group.

"Everyone knows what to do?" She asks. I smirk at my little sister.

"Look at you being the leader." I whisper to her, she smiles at me and looks back to the group.

"Text when your in position." I say putting on my clave face and still holding Simons hand. Everyone starts moving when Raphael whistles to Luke.

"Stay." He says mocking Luke's werewolf nature. "Good dog."

"Bite me." He fires back now mocking Raphael's vampire nature.

"Roll over." 

"Play dead." Luke fires back before Simon and I 'dame' that comeback.

"BOOM!" We says at the same time and Simon fist bumps Luke. Everyone starts walking when a werewolf bumps Simon's shoulder. I let go of his hand and I'm about to punch the wolf when I feel Jace's arms holding me back. And Clary yelling at the wolves and vampires.

"Easy Ellie." He whispers. I roll my eyes and yank my arms out of his grip.

"Shut up Jace. Lets just get this over with." I say.

"I guess I should expect people to hate me for who I am now. I'll get use to it." Simon says and I hit him.

"NO! Never. Get use to it. Got it." I say in my angry voice I know he's scared of. He just nods scared holding his arm where I punched him.

"Let's do this." Isabelle says from behind us. I look to Simon and nod at him to go with Izzy. I stay back with Jace and Clary. 

"We're risking everything, aren't we?" Clary turns and asks Jace. "Going against the Clave, against the other Shadowhunters..."

"Valentine's trying to destroy the world, Clary." Jace tells her.

"We're trying to protect it. Now can we go before we miss the transfer. And Jace give Clary the card and necklace then get into position." I add before walking to where we are suppose to be, opening up my phone I receive several messages from the other groups saying they are in place. I look up from my phone to see Jace and Clary walking to me. I run my stele over my vision rune as Jace does Clary's. By the Angel they are both in love with each other, it's almost sad how obvious it is. As soon as I activate the rune I regret it right away, I see the transfer crew on it's way led by the last person I would have thought. Alec. "No."

"Ellie what's wrong?" Jace asks me worried.

"Alec. What's he doing here?" Clary answers for me because I can't find any words. "Oh, no." She says realizing what's happening. I can't focus any more, I completely shut down. Alec is working for the Clave side, I never thought that would happen.