Chapter 32

Ellie's POV

I finish putting one more block rune up when my phone dings in my pocket. I hesitate to grab it but choose to look at it quickly.

New Message: Alec Lightwood

I look up from my phone thinking I'm going to ignore it but I can't help it, I pull the phone back up and read the message.

From: Alec Lightwood

I know you don't want to be a part of this anymore after tonight but I need your help.Izzy is on trial for treason and she was just accused as guilty. She will be de-runed and banished in 24 hours, However Imogen says that if the Mortal Cup is returned all charges will be dropped. I know you don't want to come back but please just think about bringing the cup back... if not for me than for Iz.

Izzy is on trial! She took the blame for my idea all by herself and Jace nor Alec told me. This is all my fault, I have to make this right. I put my phone away and march over to Jace.

"JACE!" I yell at him and he turns around still working on the walls. "Izzy is on trial and you didn't think to tell me!" I punch him in the arm. "What the hell! She's my sister too NOT just yours. I may have faked my death and all but it doesn't mean I don't still love her and care about her, and I find out that she is on trial and you never told me!" I say all in one breath. Jace is holding his arm and staring at me. 

"I.." He starts but doesn't finish.

"Why didn't you tell me?!" I yell at him, hitting him again.

"Because I didn't want you to worry. It's Isabelle, as soon as they put her on the block they will know she doesn't deserve to be de-runed. Plus your not coming back I was going to tell you after we finished this but you dropped that bomb on me and I didn't think that telling you Izzy was on trial was a good thing. You seemed somewhat happy that you were leaving, like you were becoming un-burdened. I wanted you to have that." He tells me and I relax a bit, he was just looking out for me but it looks like he doesn't know about Izzy.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know." I tell him.

"I know you didn't. It's all going to be okay Ellie." He says pulling me into a hug. I return it but sigh.

"I wouldn't be so sure JC." He just stays silent telling me to continue. "Alec sent me a text. Izzy was just found guilty." He pulls away surprised. 

"What?!"

"Imogen says she has 24 hours before she is de-runed. Unless we bring the cup in." I look him in the eyes. "I swear to the angel if she wasn't a Shadowhunter I'd kill her." Jace laughs but it soon fades to a frown.

"So what do you want to do Ro? You said you didn't want to come back after tonight, but bring the cup back does imply your coming back."

"I don't know JC. I cant go back it hurts to much plus I'm going to be in so much shit for faking my death.... but it's Isabelle, I can't just let her be de-runed for something I did. I have to give the cup in. I need to save Izzy, even if that means going back to do so." I tell him.

"Okay. So we finish getting your mom home and safe then we can bring the cup back. You going to be okay?" I know he's asking about me seeing Alec not so much giving the cup in. I look at him for a second then slowly nod. "Elizabeth. You don't have to do it if you don't want to see him. I can do it." 

"No... I'll be fine. I can do it, I just need to leave right after I give it to Imogen. I need to save Iz but I still can't be there. You understand right?" I look at him.

"Of course Ellie. I will support you no matter what you decide. As much as I want you to stay, you need to do what's best for you." I smile and hug him tight.

"Thank you Jace. I just hope the others feel the same way, I haven't even told Clary." I breath in before speaking. "I love you Jonathan Christopher."

"I love you too Elizabeth Rose. And they will understand, Clary will understand, just give them time." He pulls away for a second. "Just, can you do one thing for me? Please."

"Of course."

"Just, maybe try and think about staying." He looks to the floor. "It's going to kill all of us to loose you again, especially Alec even if he doesn't want to admit it." I let out a sigh and lift his head so his gaze is on mine.

"I promise I will think about it." He smiles before facing the front door, the one that they locked with out Luke.

"It's time." I smile and nod at him. "Clary! We can't wait any longer." She nods and takes the cup, or really the glamoured cup, out of her bag and walks closer to the door. Demons are banging on the door trying to get in.

"Demons, I command you! Find Valentine." Clary yells. Good she's following exactly what I told her. The demons continue to bang and screech because it's not the real cup so it's not going to work. Jace and I pull out our weapons because it looks like their gonna get through. "Demons find Valentine!" 'Michael' walks past us and closer to the door, I smirk because I know he is going to take the 'cup' from Clary.

"Let me try." He says, called it. Clary hands the 'cup' over but keeps a hold of the real one in her bag just like we planed. 'Michael' takes a deep breath and doesn't do anything.

"Come on." Jace says. I keep my daggers raised high because 'Michael' runs his blade over his arm. "No." 'Michael' falls to his knees and shapeshifts. He looks up and I am staring into the last pair of eyes I ever want to see. Valentine.