Chapter 46

Hey guys! Just wanted to leave a little note, I am in London, England right now and am touring the city so its been hard trying to find wifi to post. Right now it is 12pm in London so I'm sorry for a late or early post of this chapter. I also wanted to say that there is sadly one chapter left after this one, I'm sad to see this book come to an end but I cant wait to hopefully start writing a sequel if you all want one! Anyway I hope you all enjoy.
-----

Elizabeth's POV

Gabbing my daggers off the weapons shelf I run my finger beside the edge of the blade making sure it is straight and sharp. I look through the rack and see Clary still in her dress from the wedding walking up the stairs.

"Uh, Jace." I say looking at him.

"Hmm?" He hums telling me to continue, I nod my head towards Clary. He walks to the table and I grab Alec's bow handing it to him when I get there.

"Thanks." He says, and I smile placing my dagger down in front of my bow as an extra weapon.

"Jace, what are you doing?" Clary asks when she gets to the table.

"Every second we waste here, Hodge gets closer to Valentine." He says sorting his weapons.

"Hey," Clary stammers, "We're a team, all right? I know you are mad right now, but Hodge could be dangerous."

"Three of us, one of him. Check the math, but I'm pretty sure he's outnumbered." He says. I decide to leave the table and walk with Alec to look at the weapons to give them some space.

"You ready?" I ask. He just looks to the ground.

"Yah, I just wish you weren't coming. I want you safe, and you can't be safe if your looking for Valentine." He says grabbing my hands.

"The safest place for me right now is out in the field, with you and Jace looking for Valentine. Unless you want me to stay here and sneak off to find him myself." I say smirking.

"No, I guess I would rather you were with me than on your own." He says looking at my hand. "Wait where the ring?" He asks. "You didn't change your mind, did you?" He says scared.

"By the angel no. Of course, I didn't change my mind." I grab the chain that is around my neck. "I put it here near my heart for safe keeping while in the field. I don't want to lose it." I say looking at the ring.

"Good. I'm glad." He says kissing my forehead.

"Lydia! Hodge!" Jace says loudly drawing my gaze back on them. "All this is happening because I didn't stop Valentine."

"Jace." I say walking over to him trying to calm him down.

"You cannot let emotions cloud your judgement." Clary says, "Your words remember." I mentally face palm myself. Not something you should say to someone who is falling for you. "When I first wanted to find my mom, I didn't care about anyone else, but you were the one that taught me that it's about a world that's bigger than us." I put a surprised look on my face while securing all my weapons onto my body, I had no idea Jace was capable of knowing something like that, let alone teach someone else it.

"That's why you need to wake her up. She was his prisoner..." He starts. "and his wife. If anyone can stop him, she can." He finishes.

"Jace, listen to me-" He cuts Clary off.

"You can do this."

"Maybe I can, but its not about me, it's you I'm worried about. You can't let Valentine's evil poison you." I smile at her being all protective. That's usually the brothers move.