Chapter 19

Ellie's POV

I'm not sure where I was planning to go, maybe Clary's room, or Isabelle's room, or make my way out of the institute, I didn't make my way to any of those spots though, instead I find myself in front of someone's door I never thought I'd be in front of. My hand reaches out and i knock 3 times, the door opens and Jace is standing there.

"Jamie?" He asks but then sees my tear stained face. "Hey you okay?" I shake my head and he pulls me into his room.

"Alec is being an idiot just like when he was 10." I say not caring that I just said something I shouldnt know.

"What are you talking about? Jamie sit down and talk to me." I cringe at my name.

"Please... dont call me that." I say sitting down.

"Don't call you by your actual name?" Jace says confused.

"Thats not my name. Please don't call me that." I say drying up the tears and putting up my walls again.

"What is wrong with you?"Jace questions. "You can tell me what's wrong. What do you need me to do, I'll do anything" 

"Can you slap some sense back into Alec?" I look at him.

"Anything but that." He says letting out a chucle as do I.

"Yah that was a long shot." I smile at him. 

"What's up?" 

"Alec is being an idiot. He's done something stupid and I don't think he knows what he's doing." I tell him.

"What did Alec do?" Jace asks.

"Yah see thats not my news to say. You'd have to ask him." I tell him. I look at Jace and I know what I have to do. 'Tell him'  my mind says. "Jace."

"Yah?"

"I need tell you something. Something that I am scared you might hate me because of it."

"Jay, I would never hate you." He says trying you put his hand on my shoulder but I get off the bed and stand in front of him.

"Don't... not yet. Not until after you hear what I have to say." I let out a small breath. "Here goes nothing. The day I was born my mother was killed along with my brother at age 3. From birth till I was 5 I lived with an adoptive family until they too were killed, 5 years later I moved in with an amazing family me and their childern because best of friends. At age 11 I had to move away leaving my family I got into a car crash that was planned by my adoptive mother and her friend Joeclyn Fray, there I faked my death and got adoptive by the Frays and got my name changed." I say all in one breath I look to Jace who is processing what just happend. "There has been a lot on my mind these past couple of weeks but one of them I want so badly right now..." I look waiting for something to click in his mind. 

"And what is that?" He asks still prossesing.

"A Wayland hug from my not biological but basically big brother." I look him in the eys and everything clicks.

"No... It's.... not possible." He says so confused.

"It's me JC." I smile saying his nickname I made for him.

"Elizabeth." He smiles so wide and pulls me into his famous hugs he use to give me when we were younger. "Oh my god it's really you." He says and starts laughing.

"It's really me!" I say tightening my hug around him as he does the same. He lets me go and looks at me.

"What how are you here?" He asks holding my arms.