Chapter 43

I am so sorry I didnt post on Sunday, lots of things came up and I forgot. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. Again I apologize for being late.
-------

Alec's POV

"Forgive me?" I ask looking at her, I watch her face turn serious and I know she's faking because the corner of her mouth curled up for a second.

"No." She says, and I play along letting my smile drop, just as I do that she smirks and next thing I know it was my turn to be pinned to the floor. "Kidding." She says smiling, I smile back and say what I really feel.

"I love you so much." She smiles.

"I know." Is all she says but I know she doesn't like to tell people she loves them back due to being afraid if what might happen. She leans down and kisses me with passion, I kiss back with just as much. She pulls away and I wish she hadn't. The next thing she said came as a surprise for me. "I love you Alexander Lightwood, so much it scares me." She stares at me.

"I love you Elizabeth Lovelace." She lets go of my hands and I sit up with her still on my lap. I cup her face and bring her lips to mine. She starts running her hands through my hair as my hands drop to her waist.

"What the hell is happening?" a familiar voice says. Ellie pulls away looking at the door, then me, then finally her wrist before landing her eyes back on me.

"Please tell me he's real." She asks scared it wasn't him.

"Go for it." I tell her. Her face lights up and she gives me a quick kiss before jumping up and running into Magnus. I stand up and ball my fist, I don't know why but I feel jealous. Magnus was there for her when she lived as a mundane, he was practically her older brother. I snap out of my thoughts when I see her looking at me, I smile and hold my hand out for her to take. She smiles and comes up to me wrapping her arms around me, she's tall enough thanks to her heels that I can put my chin on her head. I just watch her as Ellie talks to Magnus, I watch her smile of joy that he is back and watch her tell him about the wedding.

"However, when I got there Alec wasn't there, then I thought he would come here because this is always where I come when I'm upset. When I showed up Alec walked through the door in front of me." She says, and I add to the story.

"She kept hitting me like she usually does and wouldn't stop so I pinned her to the ground and told her why I couldn't go through with the wedding. She forgave me for being an idiot and we kissed." I finish and kiss her temple.

"Wonderful. So, it's official." He says.

"What's official?" Ellie asks.

"Alezabeth is a thing?" Magnus says smiling, but I look at Elizabeth confused.

"Uh, wha- what is Alezabeth?" She laughs.

"It's a mundane thing. It's called a ship name. It is when you combine the names of a couple together to make a ridiculous name. Like for example, my sister and Jace would be Clace. Clary and Jace." She explains.

"Oh, okay I get it." I say but still really confused. She smiles but her face soon drops. "What? What's wrong?" I ask.

"What are we? Are we dating?" She asks looking at me confused. I think for a minute before putting on a serious face just like the one she pulled on my before. "No." Thankfully, I have a better lying face than she does so I see all hope leave her eyes meaning I have to say my next bit quickly.

"Wha-what do you mean?" She asks braking.

"No were not dating because I don't want to be dating you." I see her face drop even more.

"What about everything you and I said to each other? Does that not mean anything to you" She asks getting angry. Perfect.

"Elizabeth, let me finish. I don't want to be dating you because that isn't our fate. Everything I told you today, I meant every word and I wouldn't take any of them back. You are the beset thing that has ever happened to me. You helped me through the countless beatings, and the weight of being the first born on my shoulders. You helped Izzy find out who she was, you helped Max open up. You know every little detail about me and I know every little thing about you. And let's face it, no normal people know everything about each other. I've come to know that with you and I, we are far from normal. The broken confident girl and the strong scared boy, we fit together like a messed-up puzzle." She lets out a small laugh and I slowly take off my family ring, so she doesn't notice but out of the corner of my eye I see that Magnus notice cause his eyes widen and a smile spreads across his face. "So, no, Elizabeth I don't want to be dating you. I want to be so much more." I stand up from the couch and kneel in front of her. "Elizabeth Rose Lovelace" she brings a hand to her mouth and I hold the ring out. "Will you marry me. Alexander Gideon Lightwood." All she does is stare at me. "Please say something.... Eliz-" I am cut off by her lips on mine, were both smiling into it. We pull apart and I say. "So, I'll take that as a no." I joke.

"It's a yes! A thousand times yes." She says beaming at me and I smile putting the ring on her finger.

"This calls for a celebration!" Magnus cheers and we laugh. "How does my most expensive champagne sound?" he says snapping his fingers and a bottle and three glasses appear.

"I thought you were saving that for your death day?" Ellie says surprised.

"No. Muffin, that was my 10-year-old scotch. This was specifically for this occasion." He says pouring the champagne. Ellie's eyes widen.

"10-year-old scotch... that's not the one with the red label is it?" She asks nervously.

"That's exactly the one... you opened it didn't you." He says, and she nods. "Oh, well, the 5-year-old whiskey will do for the day I die." He hands us the glasses.

"Better not be any time soon Mags" She says looking at him seriously.

"You can't get rid of me that easily." He says smirking.

"You had this specifically for the day Elizabeth got engaged?" I ask, taking a sip.

"Precisely. Now down it we have to go to the institute, I found some stuff at Ragnor's that might help." He stands up holding the bottle. "This is coming to, since were gonna have to celebrate once the whole group knows." I look to Ellie.

"Could we, um..." She starts. "Could we just wait till mom is awake. I just-" I cut her off.

"Hey, it's okay. We'll wait." I sat kissing her hand.

"Thank you." She smiles at me.

"Okay well this is still coming." He says, and we let out a small laugh before he turns to Elizabeth. "You want to do the honors?" he asks her, I look at them confused. She nods standing up and hugging him.

"I'm sorry about Ragnor. I always loved him." She tells Magnus.

"and he loved you. He's in a better place now." She nods as Magnus pulls away. "Now show your fiancé what your capable of." He smiles, and I become more confused than I already was. Elizabeth turns to the tarace and pulls out her stele drawing a rune in the air. As soon as the rune is complete she pushes her arm forward and a purple portal shows up.

"Surprise." She says, smiling at me when she turns to me. My jaw drops surprised.