Chapter 20

Ellie's POV

"Ellie! It's starting." Izzy says calling me over to watch Meliorn's interrogation together. "This is insane." 

" It's going to be fine Iz." I say putting a hand on her shoulder.

"We have to put a stop to this." She says locking her fingers with mine.

"Yah, well, enjoy portaling back to Idris with mom and dad." Alec says coming over with Jace and sitting on the desk beside the screen.

"Meliorn is here because of me." Izzy says glaring at Alec.

"Don't hate me Iz but Alec is right." I say hoping she doesn't pull away from me. She doesn't so I continue. "There's nothing we can do to stop this interrogation." She turns to me and lets go of my hand.

"Your on Alec's side now? You of all people." 

"Of course she's on my side. Even after everything I've done she doesn't leave a friend hanging." Alec says still staring at the screen.

"wha-" I don't know what to say so Jace jumps in for me pulling me to sit with him throwing an arm over my shoulder.

"We're not picking sides, Jace Wayland and Jamie Fairchild." I know we are both cringing at the name but he continues like nothing is wrong. "Are Switzerland." I rest my head on his shoulder to thank him. If Clary could see me know she would hate me.

"We have to find Valentine." I say lifting my head again. "Let's let this play out Izzy." I say reaching my hand out to her again. She looks at me then back on to the screen reaching her hand back and locking hers with mine again. "It's going to be okay." I tell her.

"Meliorn might have some important information." Jace tells her and she nods eyes glued on the screen.

"Forensics don't lie." Lydia said pacing in front of Meliorn. "Tell me what you know about the blood in the forsaken."

"Have you considered that the blood in the forsaken came from out dead scouts?" Meliorn throws at her. "Scouts sent to help you hunt Valentine. Why do you think we would side with a murderer?" He does have a point but Seelies do play both sides.

"Seelies always play both sides." Lydia says and stops pacing.

"You should talk to your own people about playing sides." What the hell is he talking about?

"Excuse me?" Lydia asks just as confused as us.

"You have no idea what I'm talking about, do you?" Oh stop being so cryptic Meliorn and just spit it out. "If only Shadowhunters had a better relationship with us..."  He says uncrossing his legs and leaning forward on the couch. "Downworlders, you'd know that Valentines daughters have the cup." My eyes widen as do everyone else's.

"Still think we should let this play out." Izzy says letting go of my hand and crossing her arms. Were screwed... or really Clary and I are.

***

Jace and I walk into Clary's room to see Lydia, Alec, and some other Shadowhunters searching her room for the cup.

"What the hell is happening in here?!" I say mad. I look to my left and see Raj looking  through Clary's bra drawer, I am about to head over there but Jace is already a step a head of me.

"I'm pretty sure that's not the cup you are looking for." He glares at him grabbing his hand.

"Give me a break Wayland. I'm just trying to do my job." Raj says to him.

"Alec call this off now." I say walking straight to him.

"I guess Clary's bedroom isn't part of Switzerland?" He fires at me.