Chapter 35

Ch.35

Alec's POV

I walk up to the bow rack and run my hand along my bow one last time resting on the small 'E.L', I let out a sigh and pick it up gripping it tight. Reaching down I grab my quiver as well and walk over to Magnus. I hand over the quiver and hold out the bow.

"As promised." I say very flat, Ellie gave me this bow when we were little it was... it is the only thing I have left of here. However he saved my sister from being de-runed, the least I can do is hold up my end of the deal and give him something that means just as much to me than Ellie and Izzy. "Payment in full, thank you." He just smiles and turns to walk away, I look around holding a breath as he walks away with the last piece of Ellie I have. He doesn't get far though before turning back to me. 

"I just want you to know." He starts. " Lydia was wonderful in court." I know he doesn't like her or me for what we've done to Ellie, but at least he can manage to say something nice. "She's great." So he knows why I need to go through with this.

"So you get it." I say.

"No, Alec. I get her. I like her. But you don't have to marry her." I know he wants to add something about Elizabeth but he doesn't.

"Yes, I do, Magnus." I say defending my reasoning to marry Lydia.

"You'll be lonely all your life and so will she. Neither of you deserve it. And neither does Elizabeth." I don't know what to say so I just turn my gaze to the floor. Magnus lets out a sigh. "I don't know what to do with these, you keep them for me." He says handing me back my bow and quiver. I look at him confused but take them back anyway. What the hell just happened?

Magnus' POV

I walk straight out of the front door of the institute and let out a breath trying to calm down, I may have been a little harsh but he deserved it. Okay time to help Ellie, I just need to go home and change first, I have time to get to her it should only take me a little over 4 hours to get to Chernobyl by motorcycle so about 2 hours to meet her in the middle. I open a portal and walk into my living room. 1 hour and 45 minutes later I am showered and dressed in less court and more Ukrainian, considering I'm going to Ukraine might as well look the part right. I open a portal to the outskirts of Rovno, I smile and walk through landing exactly where I wanted to be, I decided to head to an old friend of mines house and wait for a bit, it's only been a few hours so she needs time to get a good distance.

"Magnus?" the women says from the porch. 

"Ah, Catarina. May I come in?" She nods and we walk through the door. "Glad to see you still have this house and I am very happy you are here now." I turn to her.

"Magnus what are you doing here?" She asks.

"Ah, yes. You remember my dear friend Elizabeth correct." I say sitting on her couch. 

"Of course, the little red head that always came over right. The one who knew she was a shadowhunter? I never understood why you took such an interest in her, you always hated shadowhunter's and then this girl comes along and your whole view changes. There's nothing going on between you two is there." She says sitting across from me.

"Oh, no, no,no,no,no.No. Elizabeth is in love with someone else. She is mearly the younger sister I never had. She has become family to me and I would do anything for her, and she for me." I smile to the floor thinking of all the memories me and Ellie have had.

"You really care for this girl don't you." Catarina asks.

"More than anything in the world." I say honestly.

"Okay. Than how can I help?" She asks and I'm taken back.

"Your serious?" I ask.

"Magnus I can see how much this girl means to you, I'm not going to sit back and watch my best friend wreak himself when I could have done something to help. So what can I do?" She explains.

"Have you ever walked or driven a car to Chernobyl?" I ask and she smiles.

"As a matter of fact yes I have. Where do you need to go?" 

"About 8 hours away from Chernobyl. Please." I ask. 

"Of course Magnus. I will portal you three quarters of the way in between here and there about 12 hours away from Chernobyl. Are you coming back here or straight home?" She asks.

"I better take her home. There are a few people who are missing her." I smile at her and she nods opening the portal. "Thank you Catarina." 

"It's not a problem Magnus. You can call me anytime okay." She says and I hug her. 

"Of course." I give her one last smile than walk through the portal. Elizabeth I am on my way. I walk through and look around me no one in sight, "ELIZABETH!" I yell hoping she'll hear me. "ELIZABETH!" I listen carefully and I hear a faint noise coming from in front of me. I follow the noise and see Elizabeth laying on the ground almost unconscious. No, this can't be happening, she can't die.

Ellie's POV

It feels like I've been walking for days but its only been 8 hours. The sun is blaring and there is no wind or shelter. The dessert of Ukraine, in all honesty not the worst way to die. I know I can't think that way since Magnus is going to find me and kill me if he ever knew I thought that way. I hear my seraph dagger whisper and I know there is a demon near me, makes sense I'm alone and exhausted perfect conditions for them to attack me. I groan and pull my dagger out and watch it light up ready to fight. I continue to walk listening to everything around me. when I don't hear anything I go to put my blade away but the demon attacks me from behind digging his teeth into my arm.

"FUCK!" I yell grabbing the demon and throwing it in front of me and killing it. Ravener demon, someone want's me dead, Valentine. I groan and put my hand on my arm, bring my hand to in front of my face I see it covered in blood. I let out a breath dealing with the pain I don't have my stele with me so I have to just deal with it. I'm probably not going to last very long but I just need to last 16 more hours at the most but I'll be lucky if I can last 8 more. Ravener venom usually will kill you in a span of 4 hours, I've been spending years studying this venom and how to train my system to last longer with it in my system. Took me several years and a few incidents where Jocelyn walking in on me taking the venom I finally got my system to last twice as long as normal. Quickly I rip the bottom of my tank top and tie it around my shoulder to try and stop the bleeding, I wince slightly from the pain. Once I tie my shoulder I let out one more sigh and start walking faster than before, I need to get to Magnus he is my only hope right now. 

I keep walking but for some reason the venom from the demon is stronger than it normally is and I only have one explanation, Valentine. He must have hunted me down and added more venom to this demon, I don't know how much longer I can walk. I can do it, I have to do it even for just a little longer. I need to get to Magnus, I need to get to Clary, to Jace and Izzy... To Alec. I hold my head up and march through the wind faster and more determined, I can get to Magnus and home to my family. Just keep walking Elizabeth, just keep walking, at least one more hour. 

Groaning I finally give up and crumble to my knees letting out a sigh of relief and discomfort. I can't do it any more, I reach up and take the now scarlet stained tank top off my shoulder and see a wound still as fresh as when I got it. I sigh deeply before my head turns to look at the ground. I let out one more breath before getting ready to lay down and die, no one would care right? I mean i told them I wasn't going back, I messed so many things up for them. Maybe now they can live a normal life. I'm ready to give up, I'm ready to leave now, I think and start to lay down. Just as my head hits the ground I hear my name being yelled, I think I'm dreaming it so I don't respond but I hear it again, Magnus. 

"Magnus!" I say as loud as possible but it's not very loud, all of my energy was put into making it this far. "Magnus." I say even quieter, my vision starts to blur but I can see Magnus running towards me.

"Elizabeth. Oh my angel. Elizabeth stay with me. Please stay with me." He says looking over my shoulder and trying to use his magic but he can't focus because of the tears falling down his face.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I mutter. "I can't do it anymore." I say honestly and my eyes start closing.

"No. No. No, Ellie! Stay with me.... Please. Open your eyes, stay with me." He says opening a portal, but everything goes black.