Chapter 9

Ellie's POV

I walk out of my bedroom with Alec behind me to find everyone in the living room. Clary's head shoots up.

"Oh Jamie! I thought you were really hurt" she says jumping into me, I wince and stumble backwards, Alec places his hand on my back to steady me. I send him a thank you look and Clary jumps back in fear. "Oh my god I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you." She says nervously and starts rambling"

"Clary I'm fine. Just a couple bruised ribs nothing that a healing rune can't fix." I say I try to reach for my stele but wince in pain again. Alec grabs my arm.

"Don't. Here." He says and runs his stele over my healing rune on my forearm.

"Thanks. Why are you being so nice all of a sudden?" I ask and laugh. He laughs slightly back.

"Cause I was part of why your hurt." He says then whispers. "And also because your not annoying like your sister." I laugh.

"Alright well we should head back to the institute it's been a busy day." Jace says.

"I'll be right out." I tell them as they all walk out of Magnus' now apartment. I turn to him and say, "Thank you again for the spell, and for trying to help Clary even though it didn't work out the way we all hoped."

"Well it's not like I have a choice to help your sister?" he jokes and I send him a glare, he laughs it off before add, "as for the spell for you is never a problem Elizabeth, however you have to promise me that this can't go on forever. Your going to have to tell them at some point." He holds my shoulder looking me in the eye.

"I promise Magnus I'll tell them, just not right now. They need to get used to Clary being new to this before I drop a bomb like that on them. Thank you Magnus. I'll see you soon okay." I say and give him a hug.

"Of course Muffin. You know your welcome here anytime." He pulls away. "Good bye for now Elizabeth Lovelace" he whispers. I smile and head out the door and meet the others.

****

I walk to Clary's room once we get back to the institute and see her talking to Jace, I lean against the door frame and watch them.

"You must have had one hell on an instructor" Jace says cocky, I roll my eyes.

"I didn't even know what I was doing." Clary says. "I just acted." Jace sits on the bed beside her before speaking.

"Clary you killed one of the greater demons. Not many shadowhunters can say they've done that." He tells her.

"Yah but in killing that demon I lost my memories forever." She realizes "I can't believe it. I'm never going to to find my mother am I?"

"Hey, we will find Jocelyn. I promise" he says. "Get some sleep." Jace tells her and gets up and walks to the door. "Goodnight Jamie." He says as he passes me.

"Goodnight Jace." I say back and turn to my sister still leaning on the door frame. "You okay?" I ask. She nods.

"Yah I'm fine, just worried we won't find her." Clary says honestly.

"Hey! Don't think like that we will find mom. We will I swear." I tell her. She looks at me and smiles. "Alright well I'm gonna go to bed ill see you tomorrow." I tell her.

"Okay, I'm gonna check my messages and I'll be heading to bed. Night Jay" She smiles at me. I laugh at the nickname.

"Night Clay!" I smile and walk to my room. When I get there I sit criss-cross on my bed and stare at a wall thinking.

"You okay Jamie?" Ryan asks from the bed as he's reading. I look to him and smile.

"Yah just tired. That's all." I say standing up about to get into bed until someone knocks on my door. I look to the door and say, "yah, who is it?"