Chapter 28

Ellie's POV

We run into the Jade wolf, Clary and I think Luke would be able to help us.

"We need help!" Clary says alarming Luke, Simon, and Ryan. Ryan joined Luke's pack when he turned into a werewolf.

"Clary, Ellie, what happened?" Simon asks hiding from the sun rays coming through the window.

"We thought we found Valentine, but he was already gone. I explain helping a groaning Jace into one of the booths.

"Michael Wayland?" Luke questions looking at Jace's father who is looking at his wound again.

"Valentine took my mother with him, but we found Jace's father." Clary tell them.

"What I thought Valentine killed Jace's father?" Ryan says surprised.

"He tried." Michael says and Luke goes up to him. "Hello Lucian." Lucian? No one ever calls people by their full name other than Valentine. We didn't bring Jace's father back, we brought Valentine.

"This can't be." Luke says staring at him. "I thought I'd never see you again."

"I never thought I'd see anyone again." 'Michael' says honestly.

"What happened?" Luke asks looking at Jace.

"Demon got him." Is all I say walking away from them and to Simon and Ryan.

"He can't fight the poison." I hear Clary say before I pull Ryan into a hug because I am the reason he is like this and I miss him.

"I'm so sorry Ry."

"Why are you sorry? You did nothing wrong." He pulls away.

"If it wasn't for me you wouldn't be a werewolf right now"

"You didn't do this okay. I promise you had nothing to do with me turning into one of the downworld." I hug him again then turn to Simon to give him a hug but Clary rushes over.

"Simon, there's gotta be some kind of blood at the Hotel DuMort. Please, could you call Raphael?" She says franticly. I watch Luke run to the kitchen as Simon tries to calm Clary down.

"Calling won't work. We have to do this in person. My van is in the garage, you drive, I'll hide under a blanket to stay out of the sun and... there's underground parking in the hotel." He explains.

"Okay." Clary agrees and runs to the back of the store but I stop Simon.

"What?" He asks. I look at him for a second then pull him into a tight hug.

"Please be careful."

"Always." I smile and he turns but I stop him again.

"Wait. Take Ryan with you. He can wait in the van, be a get away driver if you need it." He nods and him and Ryan run after Clary. I watch them go then turn back to Jace and see his 'dad' cleaning the wound. There is something off about this Michael Wayland, as much as I want Jace to have an actual biological family Michael Wayland died when Jace was 8. There is no way this is the same person who was killed. I ignore the weird felling and rush to Jace's side.

"Listen to me Jace okay. Clary is coming back, I'm here though. Please, just hang on. Please I can't lose another brother." I say kissing him on the forehead and holding his hand.

"Ellie?" he says weakly.

"Yah it's me hold on Jace okay, you're gonna be okay." I tell him squeezing his hand hoping he would do it back but he is to weak to even move.

"I thought you were dead. There were rumors that..." Luke starts but Michael cuts him off.

"Everybody thought they were true. He tried to kill me but I survived the attack. I've been a prisoner ever since." He says placing the cloth on the wound and Jace groans. I hold his hand tightly afraid if I loosen the grip he is going to slip away.

"I never thought I'd see him again." Michael says to us smiling. "How did you survive what he did to you?" He asks Luke and that is another thing that makes me know he isn't the real Michael Wayland. The only one who know it was Valentine who got Luke turned into a werewolf was Luke, Jocelyn, and Valentine himself.

"Jocelyn pulled me through. You were there. Did he hurt her?" He asks conserved for Jocelyn's safety. I would join the conversation but my mind is on Jace making sure he doesn't slip away.

"No, and he won't. We both know that. He'll never stop loving Jocelyn, even if he wanted to." Michael says like it's he is Valentine. "She'll be safe." Jace groans and I gasp excited.

"He's awake." I say getting the men's attention. "Jace. Help is coming. Do you hear me? Stay with me okay?" He nods breathing heavy.

"We'll talk later. Ellie, we should give Jace and his dad a moment together." I look at Luke as he speaks and just nod. I turn back to Jace and give him another kiss on the forehead.

"I'll be back, I promise." I stand up and walk to the kitchen with Luke. "Uh, Luke." I asks when the swinging doors close behind us.

"What's up kiddo?" He asks.

"Can I have two pieces of paper, envelopes and pen please." He nods turning and walking to the office in the back.

"What's it for?" He asks reaching into the drawer and pulling out what I need.

"Uh, I need to send Alec and Izzy a letter, tell Alec how I feel and them both how sorry I am for not going back." Luke's eyes widen at that last fact.

"You're not going back?" He asks and I shake my head.

"I can't Valentine is not going to stop searching for me and now that I'm not dead anymore it will be easier for him to find me and he will kill everyone I love. Plus, I can't be there if Alec is getting married it hurts to much." I say honestly.

"I understand. It will all work out. I promise." I nod and sit on the office chair when Luke walks out of the office. I stare at the paper for a minute trying to figure out what to say, once I do I start writing. 'Dear Alexander' and 'Dear Isabelle' After I finish the letters and place them into the envelops and write their names on the front of them. I seal the letters and open a portal to Izzy since my portals have that option, I watch purple show up and I take one last look at the letter and throw it through the portal. Closing that portal, I open another one to my room in the institute doing the same thing as the last letter. I'm sorry Alec, truly.