p r o l o g u e

"I don't think I can do this anymore."

"Can't do what anymore?"

"Be with you."

Every time I close my eyes I'm brought back to the conversation that caused my heart to break into a million pieces. The conversation that caused me to cry myself to sleep every night for weeks. The conversation where I lost the boy I loved more than anything in the world.

Every time I open my eyes I'm forced to deal with the fact that he has moved on from me while I'm left stuck in the past. I'm reliving our fondest memories while he's off making new ones that will eventually replace ours. While I'm thinking of him constantly, he's busy thinking about her.

Sometimes it becomes too much for me that I feel as though I can't breathe; like I have an elephant sitting upon my chest.

As if the thought of them being together wasn't bad enough, the sight of them together is ten times worse. Seeing them together at school kills me each time I come in contact with them.

I try my hardest not to look at them, but how can I avoid their pure happiness? How can I not look at them and envy what they have?

What they have now was what I had only weeks ago. The laughs, the smiles, the hugs, the kisses. All of those were mine, but now they're hers. She now has the reason for my happiness.

Even though she may have him and all of their memories, she can never take away our memories. The things we did or the places we went. She sure as hell can never take away our secret hideout; our escape from reality.

Well, I guess it's now my secret hideout and my escape from reality. My escape from having to deal with my ex-boyfriend and his new girlfriend.

He and I managed to stumble upon this special location on our third date. After a wonderful dinner and an awful chick flick, we went for a stroll around town. This stroll slowly turned into an adventure into the forest. An adventure that allowed us to come across our sanctuary.

We went here whenever we were stressed out and needed time to ourselves; somewhere nobody would be able to find us. I love this place and it hurts so much to know that I now come here by myself.

At least I thought I was here by myself. I was too busy dwelling in my thoughts that I failed to notice a boy about my age standing about fifty feet away from me.

"What are you doing here?" I yelled out to him while simultaneously walking towards him.

He slowly turned around to reveal his appearance, and I must say he was breath taking. He was a bit taller than I was, his skin was a dark tan, his hair was charcoal black, and his eyes were a chocolate brown. To say the least, he was very attractive.

"What are you doing here?" He looked as though he also thought that he was alone.

"I asked you first."

"Well, as the saying goes ladies first." He bowed and gestured for me to give my reason first.

"How about we both go on the count of three?" I suggested.

He raised an eyebrow in curiosity and hesitated before counting up to three.

 1, 2, 3

"I'm here to watch the night train." We both managed to say at the same time.

---------

Welcome to my Calum Hood fanfic that is primarily based on the song Night Train by Jason Aldean ^.^ I've posted a lyric video in the sidebar! Enjoy!