e l e v e n

I glared evilly at Ella from across the room. I had so much hatred for her right now, and I'm having a lot of trouble containing it.

"Taylor?" Calum snapped his fingers in my face to try and get me back into reality.

"Huh, what?" I looked over to him.

"You okay? You were totally spacing out."

"Yeah, I'm fine." I lied.

He looked at me with his big, brown eyes and I think he knew that I was lying. The teacher caught us talking, and yelled at us to pay attention to the lesson. I rolled my eyes and turned my attention back to the teacher, while glancing at Ella every few seconds.

Once the bell rang, I jumped out of my seat to catch her before she got out of sight. Just outside of the classroom I stormed up to her standing by the lockers. She was talking to a few friends, but I could care less about interrupting their conversation.

"Where were you last night?!"

She looked at me as if she were a deer in headlights, "What are you talking about?"

"Where were you last night? You know when your boyfriend just up and left his house without telling anybody where he went."

She looked from me back to her friends and told them to give us a minute. We walked away from them down the hall and into the nearest staircase.

"How do you know about that?"

"Because unlike you I actually went to go find him."

"It's not your job to check up on him. He's not a little kid."

"Well, he sure as hell acts like it sometimes. Besides you don't know what he could've done. He could've been hurt or something..." I trailed off at the thought that Luke could've done something severe after the fight with his mom.

She stepped closer to me and whispered real low and stern, "Like I said it's not your job to check up on him. So why don't you find something better to do with your pathetic life than worrying about my boyfriend."

I didn't even try to widen the space between us because I was so infuriated with her right now, "I wouldn't have to do it if you actually cared enough to do so! You didn't even try to look for him."

"You don't know what I did or didn't do, so don't go making accusations without knowing the facts!"

Apparently our yelling had been heard throughout the staircase and the halls because we had attracted a crowd of people. As I was about to reply to her, I looked to the doorway and saw Luke and Calum standing there dumbfounded.

Luke came up to us first and pulled Ella away from me by her elbow. He whispered something to her and then turned back to face me. "What the hell are you doing?"

"Don't you worry about what I'm doing Luke. It's none of your business."

"If it involves my girlfriend, then yes it is my damn business Taylor!" Luke decided to follow Ella's previous actions and got all up in my personal space. "You do not talk to her like that. Got it!"

"Hey man back off!" Calum came up to us and pulled Luke back by his shoulder. He used quite a bit of force because Luke stumbled back into Ella.

"Who the hell are you tell me what to do?!" Luke stormed back up towards Calum and shoved him by the shoulder.

"I'm a friend of Taylor's and I have the right to intervene when you're being an asshole to her." Calum stood his ground against Luke, and I just stood there and stared at them.