s e v e n t e e n

His hot breath blew on my ear as he whispered 'Gotcha' and it immediately sent shivers down my spine. His arms were wrapped tightly around my waist, and we were just standing in place now.

"So, you've caught me; now what?" I asked, breaking the silence that had fallen over us.

"Well, if I recall correctly in order to get my kiss I had to catch you first..." He trailed off as he slowly released his grasp around my waist.

I stepped away from him and gradually turned around to face him. The light from the back porch was on and it was giving a slight glow to his appearance.

He smirked as he took a step towards me, breaking the small gap I had previously created. My arms were hanging by my side, and he reached down to grab ahold of them. He swiftly placed them around his neck, and then grabbed ahold of my waist bringing me even closer to him.

I bit my lip nervously and stared blankly at him, waiting for him to make the first move. He continued to smirk and made no attempt at moving closer to me. I knew what he was doing; he was taunting me.

"Cal." I warned.

"Hmmm?" He hummed.

"Stop. Taunting. Me."

"I'm not taunting, I'm building suspense."

"What suspense? It's not like I haven't kissed you before." I stated, while beginning to expand the space between us.

He grabbed tighter onto my waist and pulled me back into him. "Yeah, well this times different."

"How?" I asked.

"Because now I know you like it." He replied in a husky tone.

He flirtatiously winked at me while seductively licking his lips.

"You're evil, you know that?" Pure evil to be exact. He was totally taunting me and he knew perfectly well the effect it was having on me.

"Am not." He defended as he finally lowered his head.

I removed my arms from around his neck and placed them on his chest, gently pushing him away. He pulled back and looked at me confused.

"Not so fast Romeo, two can play at this game." Now it was my turn to smirk in satisfaction.

I completely squirmed out of his grasp this time, and began walking to the back porch. As I reached the top step, I looked back to see a stumped Calum standing completely still.

"That's what you get for taunting." I hollered, gesturing for him to come up to the porch with me.

He slumped his shoulders and literally dragged himself across the yard and all the way up the stairs. When he finally reached the top, he crossed his arms and stuck out his tongue like a little kid protesting against a parent.

"Aw is wittle Calum upset?" I cooed, totally mocking him for his immaturity.

My teasing must've triggered something in that brain of his because all of a sudden he snapped out of his childish state. He stared at me for a moment before making his way over to me. With every step he took towards me, I took a step away from him.

I realized I could go no further once I reached the edge of the porch and was up against the railing. He took one last long stride and was now standing directly in front of me with his hands resting on either side of the railing.

"Looks like I'm not the only evil one in this situation." He stated.

"Yes you are." He raised his eyebrows in curiousity as I continued, "You taunted me, I just simply walked away."