t w e n t y - o n e

"Hey, lovebirds!" Ashton hollered from the front door. "Break it up. Tay, your mom wants you inside."

Cal and I were standing in the driveway, kissing goodbye as Ashton rudely interrupted us. We just got back from the carnival, and I was trying to savor every moment with him before he had to go home.

"Alright, tell her I'll be there in a minute," I hollered back.

I focused my attention on the boy standing in front of me. His arms were wrapped tightly around my waist, probably dreading the fact that he had to let go.

"Cal, I really have to go," I muttered, avoiding his attempt to try and kiss me again.

"I know just one more kiss. Please," He begged while sticking his lips out in a full on pout.

I took advantage of his pout and grabbed ahold of his bottom lip, slightly tugging it between my teeth. He looked down at me, cross-eyed in order to get a better view of my surprising action.

Once I let go and leaned away from him, he immediately leaned towards me and forcefully crashed his lips onto mine. His grasp on me tightened even more and I started to run my hands through his hair.

He carefully backed us up until I was leaning against his car. His hands moved from my back to my hips, and he began rubbing small circles into them. As the kiss became more heated, I couldn't help but let out a small moan which caused him to groan in satisfaction.

I pulled away for a moment to catch a breath and noticed that his lips were now red and swollen.

"I have to go," I whispered in between breaths.

He slowly nodded his head as if he understood that I really did have to go now, but his actions proved otherwise. He brought his face closer to mine about to kiss me once again, but he stopped just as his lips were about to touch mine.

He stared at me intently, his minty breath steady and fanning across my face.

"I don't think I'll be able to let you go after that," His voice came out in a low, husky tone.

"I don't want you to," I confessed, "but you have to."

He placed one last gentle kiss on my lips before finally pulling away completely. I lifted myself off of the car, and pulled him in for a hug. He squeezed me tight and then got in his car to leave. As he was pulling out of the driveway, I blew him a kiss and he held out his hand to catch it.

---

I closed the front door gently trying not to wake those who were already asleep. Unfortunately, my mother was not one of those people because she was patiently waiting for me at the kitchen table.

"Sit," She motioned to the chair across from her.

I casually sat down on the seat, worried about what was going to come out of her mouth; a lecture probably.

"Taylor, where have you been all day?"

"I was at the carnival with Calum," I said nonchalantly. I told her where I was going earlier, so I don't know what the big deal is.

"For six hours? There isn't that much to do at the fall carnival," She crossed her arms defensively and raised her eyebrow in suspicion.

"Well, when you're with someone like Calum time seems to go by quickly."

"Someone like Calum...," She trailed off, huffing in annoyance, "Do you even know anything about this boy?"

"Yes, I do. Where is this coming from?" I straightened up in the chair, shocked at this sudden interrogation.