f o u r

*buzz buzz*

*buzz buzz*

I was interrupted from my dream by some kind of buzzing sound. There better not be a bee in here was my first thought. I slowly opened my eyes one by one to realize that my phone was vibrating on my nightstand table. I looked at the clock and it was only 7:45 am on a Saturday.

Who gets up this early on a saturday and why on earth are they texting me?!

I blinked a couple of times to rid my eyes of sleepiness before reaching over for my phone. I unlocked it to discover I had three text messages.

From: Claire

Hey Tay! Hope you're still not upset about yesterday... How about a girls day to make up for my stupidity? xx

From: Luke

Taylor, what was all of that shit about yesterday? We really need to talk things over...

From: Calum

G'morning mystery girl ;)

I decided to ignore the text from Luke, and responded to Claire and Calum.

To: Claire

I'm not mad! But a girls day sounds amazing! xx

To: Calum

Mystery girl? Oh that's right you still don't know my name :p

I'm pretty sure there's no point in trying to go back to sleep now, so might as well get ready for my girls day with Claire. I got out of bed and walked over to the bathroom that just happens to be in my room. Besides my parents room my room is the only other bedroom with an attached bathroom. It also has a huge balcony, so since I'm the oldest I obviously deserved to have this amazing room.

My two younger siblings, Abby and Noah were not very happy about this. Their rooms weren't as big as mine, but they weren't that small either. So they eventually got over it.

I looked at myself in the mirror and gasped in horror. My blonde hair which I had put in a bun last night looked like a bird's nest, and I had makeup all over my face. I was far too lazy to take it off last night, so I should've known how it would look this morning.

I hopped in the shower and after about 20 minutes I was all nice and squeaky clean. I took the time to blow dry my hair and straighten it, as well as put on some foundation and mascara.

I picked out a pair of leggings, a baggy white sweater, brown knee-high boots, and a marroon scarf for my lovely fall attire. By the time I was finally presentable, my phone was buzzing yet again. This time I only had two messages.

From: Claire

Yay! See you at 10?

From: Calum

Exactly. How about we fix that? ;)

I had taken about an hour or so to get ready, so I still had about another hour until I meet up with Claire. I quickly responded back to the messages; I agreed with Claire and told Calum that I want to remain a mystery for now because it's very intriguing.

---

To pass time, I figured I would actually eat breakfast this morning so I don't pass out from starvation while out with Claire. Both of my parents were sat at the kitchen table since neither one of them worked on saturdays. They were both teachers; mom taught first grade and dad taught 8th grade.

"Morning guys."

"Wow. Tay what are you doing up so early?" My mom was clearly shocked that I would ever see anything before 11 o' clock on a weekend.