t w e n t y - e i g h t

The past week has probably been the fastest week ever. I have a feeling this is because I've been dreading Tommy's party everyday since Luke mentioned it to me in the stairwell. I weighed my options very heavily, highly considering not attending, but something inside was telling me that I had to. It's not normal for Luke to want to invite me, and being the curious type, I just have to see what's up his sleeve.

I sigh as I take in my appearance in the mirror - a black high waisted skirt with a white camisol tucked in, a long cardigan sweater, black converses, matching accessories, and my hair curled with minimal makeup highlighting my face. (outfit on the side)

Maybe it won't be so bad. I think to myself as I smoothen out my skirt. Considering the last party I attended sparked the relationship I have with Calum, maybe this one won't be so bad.

"Hey, are you almost ready?" Claire asks, literally barging into my bedroom without knocking.

She looks flawless as always. She's wearing a plain black dress with buttons down the front and black combat boots. Her accessories highly accentuate her makeup - both being silver - and her long hair is pulled up into a high ponytail.

"Almost," I reply, picking up my last minute things to put into my purse - lipstick, wallet, phone, gum, etc.

Just as I am about to pick up my phone, it starts vibrating on my nightstand showing I have a text from Calum.

From: Cal <3

Hey babe. My mom surprised me with a trip to my dad's, so I can't make it to the party tonight. :/

The dread that I was feeling in the pit of my stomach increased the moment I read that text. I don't know if I feel very comfortable attending without Calum by my side.

"What's the matter?" Claire made her way over to me and rested her hand on my shoulder as she glanced at the text.

"Cal can't make it," I mutter, disappointed that I no longer have a date.

"You still want to go though, right? Tommy's parties are hardcore and can't be missed," Claire exclaims. I'm surprised that she feels this way considering what happned at Tommy's last party. She probably doesn't care since Michael is going with her.

"Um, yeah of course I do," I fake excitement. Claire shrieks and pulls my arm, dragging me out of my room and downstairs. I type a quick response to Cal as we walk out the front door.

To: Cal <3

Aw :/ Okay have fun. xx

When he asks if I'm still going, I tell him yes and that Claire and Michael will keep me company. However, I can't promise this because the two of them will most likely ditch me to go makeout or something, but I don't tell him that part. He warns me to keep my distance from Luke, and I assure him that I will not go anywheres near him.

As soon as we pull up to Tommy's house, it's evident that there is a complete rager taking place. There are groups of teenagers littered all over the yard, and walking in and out of the house constantly. We make our way up the walkway to the front door, and out of the corner of my eye I see a guy hunch over and puke into the bush. I gag at the sight and almost stumble over the stairs.

"Damn, and you're not even drunk yet."

I look up to the front door to find Luke standing there, a smirk plastered onto his face. He opened the door just in time to witness my clumsiness, and is totally enjoying this somewhat amusing moment. Unfortunately, I'm not as amused as he seems to be.

"I'm not going to get drunk," I state, walking past him and into the crowded house.

He shuts the door once Claire walks through and still manages to keep his smirk. Just as I was about to question him about his continuous smirk, Michael walks up to Claire and drags her off into the living room. Just great. I'm only here a minute and they've already ditched me.