n i n e

The minute I walked into my house my phone buzzed in my back pocket. I pulled it out and saw I had a text message from Ashton.

From: Ash

Hey! Noah and I are at the park kicking around a soccer ball. We'll be back in time for dinner. :) xx

Noah and Ash were at the park and both of my parents were still working. Looks like I have the house all to myself. This can only mean one thing; time for my personal concert.

I dropped my bag on the floor and ran upstairs to grab my iHome. When I got back downstairs, I hooked up my phone to the speaker system and started blaring Let It Go from Frozen. I absolutely adored that movie!

The snow glows white on the mountain tonight
Not a footprint to be seen
A kingdom of isolation,
And it looks like I’m the Queen.

I started to dance around the living room and grabbed the remote control to sing into.

Don’t let them in, don’t let them see
Be the good girl you always have to be
Conceal, don’t feel, don’t let them know
Well, now they know.

"LET IT GO! LET IT GO! CAN'T HOLD IT BACK ANYMOREEEEE!"

In the middle of my ultimate belting session I heard a fit of laughter from behind me. I froze in place and slowly turned around to see who was now in the house.

"Lucas what are you doing here?" I walked over to my phone and paused the music.

"I'm just returning a video game that I borrowed from Noah." He pointed to the GTAV box. I guess Noah let him borrow it the last time he was here.

"That doesn't give you the right to barge into my humble abode." I put my hands on my hips, clearly pissed that he would intrude without knocking.

"I knocked, but I guess you didn't hear me over your lovely singing." He was trying his hardest to stifle another giggle, and I glared at him for making fun of me.

"You know we can't all be amazing singers like you Mr. Hemmings."

"Mr. Hemmings? What am I, my dad?"

I glared at him again for not going along with my stupid charade; suddenly he caught on.

"I mean yes you're absolutely correct Ms. McKinley."

"Gee thanks for going along with the act." Another sarcastic remark from my sarcastic self. "Just give me the game." I reached out to grab it and walked up to Noah's room to put it back where it belonged.

As I was coming back down the stairs, I heard Let It Go playing again. I slowly crept down the remainder of the stairs, and I saw Luke sitting on the couch singing along.

Conceal, don’t feel, don’t let them know
Well, now they know.

Unlike my loud and obnoxious singing, Luke was singing it soft and gentle. His voice was truly amazing and sounded perfect no matter how loud he sang.

"Ha! I knew you liked that movie!" I snuck up on him and scared the shit out of him. He jumped up off the couch and turned around to face me.

"I never said I didn't." He protested.

"Yes you did! You told me so many times 'What a stupid cartoon. I don't like that movie.'" I did my best Luke impersonation which was terrible.

"Okay, first of all I do not sound like that and second of all I never said any of those things." He held up his fingers as he said each of these things.