s e v e n

Whoever came up with the brilliant idea of having soccer during the fall is stupid. I know that it's usually a spring sport, but the coach of my brother's team didn't follow that rule. So, basically my brother's coach is the stupid one in this situation.

"Mom, can I please go sit in the car? It's freezing out here!" Technically, Noah didn't really need my support. He's an amazing soccer player and sure as hell doesn't need my cheering to help him be any better.

"Taylor, you promised him you would cheer him on."

"I know, but that was before I realized it was going to be like twenty five degrees out..." That might not seem very cold to some people, but I cannot tolerate the cold very well.

"Last time I checked you weren't five years old, so please stop acting like you are."

"I'm five and a half thank you very much." I playfully stuck out my tongue, so she would know I was joking. Well, half joking.

Sitting on the very top of the bleachers allowed me to have a very good view of the players and everyone one else surrounding the field. As I trailed my eyes along every human being, I stopped as I came across a close friend of mine whom I haven't seen in forever.

I rubbed my eyes and looked once again making sure this wasn't an illusion. I couldn't believe it; he was actually here.

"Ashton!" I stood up and yelled to get his attention.

He was stood at the bottom of the bleachers, and turned around immediately at the sound of my voice.

"Tay!" He yelled back and started to run up the stairs; taking two steps at a time.

Once he reached the top, he embraced me in a gigantic bear hug. I can't tell you how much I've missed his hugs.

"I've missed you so much." I whispered into his ear.

"I've missed you more." He whispered back.

Ashton and I used to live next door to each other when we were younger. His family moved here from Savannah, Georgia. He was born in Australia, but his family moved to Savannah when he was about four years old. When he was eight, they moved in next door to my family.

We were the best of friends and did almost everything together. I was crushed when he told me he was moving to California the summer before my freshman year. We've stayed in touch but I haven't physically seen him since he left.

As we pulled away from each other I got a good glance at how he's changed. He certainly has grown a few inches and has become very, very fit. Damn, I have a really attractive best friend.

"Look at you! You've grown into a woman!" He teased.

"Shut up Ash." I playfully shoved his arm, and he gave me a cheeky smile in return.

"I'm serious Tay. No more braces, your hair is all nice and straight, and you've obtained a wonderful taste in fashion." He winked.

"Okay, we both know that I was a total nerd back then. Can we please move past that?"

"Okay, okay. I'm done teasing I promise. You look good Tay."

"Thanks Ash. You don't look too bad yourself."

"Well, I mean I am pretty handsome." He took this time to fully show off his muscles by flexing his arms.

"Oh, yeah I'm sure all the girls just drool over you."

Before he could respond, my mom finally noticed that I was talking to Ashton and rushed over to say hello.

"Ashton Irwin. What are you doing here?" She embraced him in a motherly hug and squeezed him tight. He was almost like another son to her.

"Well," He glanced between my mother and I before continuing, "I'm actually here to see you guys."

"Oh that's right. I do remember you mentioning something about that." My mother had a smirk on her face, and this made me realize that she knew he was coming.

"Wait, you knew?" I asked her even though I already knew the answer.

"Surprise!" They both screamed while throwing their arms in the air.

"Sweetie, Ash is going to be staying with us for the next week or so."

My eyes widened at this revelation. Not only is he here for a week or maybe even longer, but he's staying at my house. I'm going to be able to spend every waking moment with him. Could this day get any better?!

I couldn't hold in my excitement any longer, so I literally jumped into Ashton's arms and he spun me around until my head was dizzy.

As he put me down I looked down to the field just in time for Noah to score the winning goal.

"YEAH NOAH!! WOO HOO!!" My mother, Ashton, and I started going on like maniacs cheering on my brother. We were yelling, clapping, and jumping up and down.

---

After the game was over, we went down to the field to congratulate Noah and he almost shit his pants at the sight of Ashton. Just like Luke, Ashton was like an older brother to Noah and he missed him as much as I did.

We decided to get ice cream to celebrate Noah's goal, but I abruptly stopped as we were about to walk inside the shop.

"What's wrong?" My mother asked, eyes wide open at my sudden halt.

"Can we go to another ice cream parlor?"

"But we always go to this one..." My brother was really confused about why I would no longer like our favorite ice cream shop.

I looked into the window at the girl behind the counter and mentally groaned. I've always done my best to avoid this place ever since she started working here four months ago.

I took a deep breath and said, "Nevermind. We can go to this one." I put on the most fake smile ever and walked inside with the other three trailing behind me.

The bell on the door signaled our arrival which caused the girl to look over to us.

"Taylor!" She cheered.

"Ella!" I fake cheered.

We gradually walked up to the counter and I caught her gaze wander over to Ashton; her eyes were trailing up and down his body. She was practically drooling over him.

"We'd like to order." I snapped her out of her stupid trance.

"What can I get you guys?"

"Well, I'll have a chocolate shake." Chocolate shakes were literally my weakness.

Noah ordered a strawberry shortcake cone, my mother ordered a cup of two vanilla scoops, and Ashton ordered a chocolate shake as well.

"Coming right up!"

We took a seat by the window, and started talking about the schedule for Noah's next game. He was really excited about that one because they were going to be playing their ultimate rival.

"Order up." Ella called out to us, and before I could get out of my seat Ashton said that he would go get the ice cream.

I watched as he walked over to the counter, and I saw Ella start to drool over him again. Doesn't she know that she has a boyfriend?

When she handed him the ice creams I noticed that she slipped him a piece of paper as well. He glanced at it and swiftly placed it in his back pocket. She winked as he walked away, and I swear there were fumes coming out of my ears.

"What's on the paper?" I interrogated as he sat back down.

"Oh, nothing important."

"It's her number isn't it?"

"Tay, calm down it's nothing."

It may be nothing to him, but it's something to me. It's Ella giving her number to another guy when she's in a realtionship with Luke. That is not okay and I am not going to let her get away with this.