e i g h t e e n

I've been awake for about an hour now just laying here while Calum is sleeping peacefully beneath me. At this early hour in the morning everything seems so calm and easy; as if nothing else was going on at this moment.

"Cal..," I whispered sweetly to the sleeping boy lying beside me.

His light snores filled the air and without a moments notice they were interrupted by him sighing in annoyance.

"Wakey, wakey," I cooed while gently poking his nose.

His eyes were still shut but he closed them even tighter (if that's even possible) and scrunched up his nose. I continued to poke his nose hoping he would fully wake up.

He reached up from around my waist and grabbed my poking finger bringing it away from his face. He brought it down to my side and firmly held it there without opening his eyes once.

Well, now that my left hand is being restrained at my side and my other hand is trapped underneath me, looks like I'll need a backup plan. I started sighing obnoxiously to try and get his attention, but he kept on 'sleeping.'

My next idea was to blow on his face since I couldn't touch it in any kind of annoying way. I gently blew on his face and gradually started blowing harder and harder. He scrunched up his nose again and broke out into a small smile.

"I know you're awake."

He casually remained in the same position, and I was becoming relentless. I was out of ideas on how to wake him from his beauty sleep. Wait, scratch that I think I have the perfect idea.

It was a bit difficult, but after enough wiggling and squirming I was able to get my hand out of his grasp. Hm, I should've tried doing that five minutes ago. Luckily, he didn't put up too much of a fight. He must be starting to fall back to sleep; real sleep that is. Now that one arm is free I can carry on with my plan.

Without putting too much pressure on his chest, I gently pushed myself upwards to where I was face to face with him. I waited a moment as I took the time to admire his sleeping state; so cute and peaceful. His mouth was slightly open and he was softly breathing in and out.

Before he had the chance to realize what was happening, I softly pressed my lips to his. My previous assumption that he was falling back asleep was inaccurate. Someone who is actually asleep would not have reacted the way he did. His lips began moving in sync with mine, and his hands moved to around my waist.

He attempted to take it a step further, but I pulled away before he could. He opened his eyes to finally look at me and said, "Now that's a nice way to wake up."

"Hm, you're lucky I didn't go and get a bucket of ice water," I teased.

"You wouldn't," He gasped in shock.

"Oh, but I would," I stated while releasing myself from his hold and pulling myself out of the bed. I sat up straight and reached my arms in the air, letting out a long yawn.

The bed dipped behind me and suddenly I felt his arms wrap around my waist, head resting on my shoulder.

"Seriously though I really do like waking up like this," He whispered in my ear before releasing and scooting himself out of bed.

"We should do something today," I suggested while trying to recover from the shiver he just sent down my spine.

He bent over to retrieve his shirt from the floor, but luckily he did it much quicker than last night. "I swear I put this on the dresser."

"Oh, my cat probably knocked it off while we were sleeping."

He looked at me suspiciously. "You have a cat?"