TWENTY-EIGHT: HOME

Media: Home - Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros

Coe's POV

"I think I'll have that talk you were trying to get me to have with Jared today." I announced mindlessly as I leaned against Heath's chest while we were watching the news on his couch. It was rare that we were ever out of his bedroom since we've grown intimate with each other. But lazy couch time seemed like the thing we needed, I needed, since Heath came back for a lunch break earlier and decided that devouring food was the last thing on his mind. 

"You will?" Heath straightened up and faced me with a stunned face, "Shall I call him now?" I have need seen him so excited before. It was as though he was a child and I just told him that he could open his presents before Christmas day.

I let my jaw drop and furrowed my brows, "Can you pretend to be less excited about this? Why are you even so excited about it?!" I glared at him, "Aren't you worried at all that if I resolve things with Jared, he'll want me to go back and live with him?"

Heath frowned, scratching the back of his head, "Well, there's that. But I was hoping you'd throw a tantrum and insist on staying here instead." He reached out to pull me into his embrace, "I'm only excited because for the past whole month, boss has been a pain to work with. May this talk will make him less... abrasive." He winced

Abrasive. I was sure that Heath was putting it lightly. I've overheard a couple of conversations between Jared and Heath over the phone and Jared did not sound merely abrasive.

I bit on his chest, dangerously close to his nipple and Heath jumped with a yelp, "So you're not actually concerned for me this whole time?" I accused.

He massaged his chest with a grin, "Of course not. Of course I care about you. God, I care so much about you, Coe. Every single night. And this afternoon too! How dare you say that I don't care about you?" He had the gall to wink.

I smacked him hard on his stomach, "Not that kind of care!" I resisted the urge to bite him again, "Call your stupid boss and tell him we'll come over for dinner. You're not leaving me alone with him. God knows how violent he gets with me when no one is around."

Heath grimaced, and I gasped as I smacked him.

"What? Don't tell me you were going to let me confront Jared alone?" I glared at him.

He tugged on my arm with a cute pout, "I was just thinking which was worse: being there to witness your confrontation with boss, or leaving you alone with boss."

I couldn't help the grin on my face when Heath started to frown, "Hmm, what do you think would happen if you left me alone with Jared?" I folded my arms playfully, "I think I remember when he pinned me down to the couch the last time we had a confrontation." I teased, "Or that time when he trapped me in my room against the-"

Heath growled, pulling forward towards him as he crashed his lips against mine.

I couldn't help but smile against his lips, allowing him to kiss me so hard that I thought he might leave the imprint of his lips on mine. I don't mind. I adore his lips.

My heart swelled at the knowledge of his jealousy. It quite literally gave me a glimpse of heaven when I felt the happiness in me sky rocket. I've never felt quite this precious before.

Heath pulled away from me, his eyes tracing my face with a tired look on his face ,"Coe."

"What?" I nudged at his neck with my nose as I buried my face in the nook of his shoulder.