Chapter 1

Eira's POV

"Shit." I muttered as I looked at the time on my phone. "I'm so late, mom will kill me."

"Don't worry ma'am, I'll try my best to drive fast," the driver said to me

"The red carpet would have finished by now, ugh and now mom would think I did it on purpose!" I facepalmed and looked down and decided the best thing to do would be to message my mom.

To Mom👩

From Eira🙇

I'm so sorry, I really didn't do this on purpose!

To Eira🙇

From Mom👩

That doesn't matter, you're already late. I've had to face off your father's inquisition. Tell me, what do you gain by putting the Rajput name down? I wish you were more like your brother, he's here with his fiancé.

To Mom👩

From Eira🙇

Have you seen his fiancé? She's only there to pay her living with Uday's trust fund! In the last month alone, he's bought a red Bugatti for her!

To Eira🙇

From Mom👩

Just come, at least your brother is making a name for himself.

Uday ek number ka nalayak nikla, usne toh bola tha ki woh nahi aayega

Sooner than later, we arrived at the place with the driver stopping at the door. I was too late for the red carpet,  thank God. I did not want to walk on that bloody carpet.

"Ah, Eira's here!" My mom's shriek could be heard from across the hallway as I entered. I smiled at her and tried to manuver through the crowd as I reached mom.

"You look stunning!" My mom gave me air kisses on my cheek, something I was used to.

"Virat, meet my daughter Eira." My dad spoke with a glass of whiskey in his hand. God, what I wouldn't do for a glass. I needed a drink before handing this sham.

"Hello." Virat shook hands with me and I smiled.

"Eira, you must know Virat. He's the captain of the Indian Cricket Team and this is his foundation!" My mom shrieked, again. Wow, someone has to control on that shriek!

"Yes, mom. I'm aware." I gritted my teeth and smiled as I told her.

"Well, we'll leave you two to it, then!" My dad went, pulling my mom to talk with another business investor.

"Uh- just so you know, I'm actually not interested." Virat's voice brought me back to the present. "I hope you didn't have any expectations, because I have a son and a girl that I love."

"I've heard of the Priya and Gia debacle." I snorted. "The whole fucking country has, except my parents."

"Well, the bar is straight and left, you look like you need it." Virat said.

"Dude, you're a lifesaver. You need to find your love."

"I have, she's right there." He said, pointing to Gia.

Looking at her, I left so small. She was wearing a blood red gown with the same shade of red lipstick. She just looked confident in her own skin!

Beside her, was Hardik Pandya who immediately left when Virat approached Gia

Beside her, was Hardik Pandya who immediately left when Virat approached Gia. Talk about good friendships! Like I had experienced that.

Shaking my head, I went straight to the bar where I ordered a vodka with coke. I needed something strong to take the edge off.

I hated parties and hated my mom more because she knew about it and still continued to drag me around while chattering about family image.

Stupid family image.

After 10 minutes of sulking alone, the seat next to me was occupied.

"What should I serve you?" The bartender asked the person.

"Anything that can make me forget this horrible moment." The person said, keeping their head down. "I just told the girl I love to go after the boy that she loves."

"Might I recommend a straight up vodka shot then?" I muttered, while chucking my shot and putting the shot glass on the table.

"Who are you?" The person (clearly a guy) mentioned as I turned to look at him and he put his head up. Holy fuck, Hardik Pandya?

"Just a person who knows her drinks well, trust me."