Chapter 5

*Ding Dong*

"Huh?"

"Eira, you sleep a lot."

"Thanks, Harry. Now open the door. It must be Gia and Virat taking their kid home."

I got up from the sofa and rubbed my eyes and then stretched out my body. Ayaan was on the other sofa, surrounded by pillows on all sides to prevent him from falling.

"Eira!" Gia called from the door. "Come out!"

"Your son is sleeping!" I whispered as I went out to the door and immediately got ambushed by Gia.

"He's just like Virat, a deep deep sleeper, it's okay." Gia grinned. "Virat proposed!"

"Wait, what?" All sleep was completely out. "You're getting married?"

"Yes!" Gia squeled, softly. "Look at the ring, he completely surprised me, I thought this was going to be a normal date!"

She thrust out her hand and showed me the ring. Wow, all I know is that Virat has great taste, it was beautiful.

 Wow, all I know is that Virat has great taste, it was beautiful

"Oh wow!" I said, looking at the ring. "It's so pretty!"

"I know! I have to call mummy and papa and Pallavi and Ananya as well! I'm so excited, God. I'm so sorry." Gia said, squeling.

"Man, congratulations!" Virat and Hardik were doing the overly complicated man hug.

"Wah, Captain ko toh party dehni hogi!" He said, nudging Virat.

"Congrats, tu toh meri bhabhi ban gayi!" Hardik hugged Gia and laughed.

"Hush!" Gia said, while hitting Hardik on the shoulder.

"Chalo, we actually should be going, it's pretty late." Virat said, looking at Gia.

"Yes, why don't you carry Ayaan, I'll wait here. He's too heavy for me to carry." Gia said, kissing Virat on the cheek.

"I'm really really happy for you guys." I squeezed her hands.

"Thank you!" Gia smiled. "Anyways, you'll be as involved in the wedding as Ananya, I hope you know that. I mean, this is the chance to meet Ritika, Hazel, Sakshi and Priyanka didi! I mean what better way to meet the WAG's!" She chattered off, making me take a step back.

"Um, I'm not Hardik's girlf-"

"Aare, she's just joking!" Hardik quickly pulled me closer to him and put one of his arms around my waist. I didn't know what was wrong with him but I liked this.

"Gia, let's go?" Virat came, carrying Ayaan on his waist.

"Yes, yes." She said, while looking at us. "We'll take your leave now, I'm sure you have to sleep, it's quite late." Gia said, moving towards the door.

We moved while Hardik left my waist and went to help Virat in opening the door.

Damn, why did he have to let go?

"Listen, Eira." Gia nudged me. "I'm so thankful that you're there for him. I can see that you love him to bits, just don't break his heart, yes?" She said to me.

But how can I love someone who loves someone else?

"I don't-" I tried to reason.

"Just promise me, you'll take of him." She demanded.

"Gia, let's go." Virat said, from the car.

"Promise me!"

"I.. I promise!" I said.

"Thank you, Eira." She hugged me tightly and went towards the car, getting in the passenger's side.

"Bye, guys!" Virat said, looking at us. "Thanks for babysitting!"

"No problem, captain!" Hardik said and we all laughed.

As they drove away from the place, Hardik immediately went to the kitchen and took out a bottle of whiskey he kept underneath the sink.

"Now Gia's getting married." Hardik said as we sat on the sofa, drinking whiskey straight from the bottle.

"When the fuck will I man up and tell her?" He said, taking another shot.

"Okay, that's it." I got up and took the bottle away, him resisting. I finally managed to snatch the bottle from him and keep it in the kitchen, coming back to see him babbling to the sofa pillow.

"I love Gia. But Gia loves Virat, pi! Tell me what to do?"

I laughed looking at his state. The sound of my laugh made him turn himself to where I stood.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"You're talking to a pillow, oh God. You're going to have a killer hangover tomorrow." I said, inching towards him and making him lie down on the sofa.

"You sleep here, okay?" I asked, fluffing up the pillows.

"Thanks, what the fuck would I do without you?" He sleepily murmured, turning his head to the side.

"Die, probably."

Extra update because India crushed South Africa and my babhuska (Virat) scored a well deserved half century.

Plus, a wicket was taken by my other babhuska, Hardik😙