Chapter 6

Eira's POV

A month later

"Look, I'm just saying. Meet the guy beta!"

Ugh. This is my typical breakfast, listening to mom going on and on about my marriage prospects.

"Maa, have you looked at her? She doesn't like guys!" Uday, my not so helpful brother pops in, eating his breakfast.

"Really? Eira, are you into girls?" Maa had her hand on her heart as if I'd committed some heinous crime.

"Yaar, mumma. Let me eat my breakfast in peace for once in my life!" I remarked and gave a dirty look to my brother, who couldn't stop snickering.

"I do so much for you and this is how you treat me, Eira!" Mumma says, looking at me as she put another aloo parantha on my plate.

"Bas, ma! I'm so done. I have to maintain my body shape na!" I said, shifting the food to my brother's plate.

"Heh, suit yourself. I love it ma!" Uday said, jumping in the food. Pig.

"Where's Mallika?" I asked after mumma had gone out of the kitchen, probably getting ready for one of her so called kitty parties and eating the remaining food on my plate. "Go bother her, dude."

"Malika's in the office." He said, eating. "I'm also supposed to go now. Anyways, what are you going to do?"

"Aare, I have a shoot with Femina. I'd probably be busy all day." I said, getting up and putting my dish in the sink.

"Oh, cool. Waise, try to come back early today." He said, following me.

"Why?" I looked back at him washing his hands and fixing his tie.

"Just try. Don't ask too many questions, okay?" He said, pinching my cheeks. "I have to go now, I've got a meeting in an hour and a half."

"Bye, Uday." I hugged him and pushed him towards the door.

Buzz-buzz

"Who the fuck is calling me so early in the morning?" I said, taking my phone out of my pockets.

"Yellow?" I said, without checking the caller id.

"Eira?" Hardik's voice was heard on the other side.

"Ah, Harry! What's popping?" I said, walking around the kitchen to get a glass of water.

"They've set the engagement date." He said, after a pause.

"Virat and Gia?" I asked, keeping the glass on the counter.

"Who else? Winnie and Piglet?"

"Fair enough, it was a bad question. When's it?"

"I'll send you the picture."

"That's fancy

"That's fancy." I said, after a moment of looking at it.

"How the fuck do I move on?" He asks me, on the verge of tears.

"You know Harry, there's only two ways. Either you literally forget about her or you co..confess." I said, stuttering on confess. What if Gia has feelings for Hardik? What will I do then?

"What about Virat?" He asks, after a pause.

"Do you love her?" It broke my heart to ask this. Please say no, please.

"With all my heart." Came the reply without a moment's hesitation.

Fuck, Eira!

"Did you say something?" He asked.

"No, nothing. You'll have to risk it then." I answered back, holding back my tears. Why, why, why!

"You think so?" He asked, tentitively.

"Harry, listen to your heart. I.. I can't tell you anything. Don't let the one you love go." I said softly, sitting on the chair.

"You know what? I will. Thanks Eira, you're one of my best friends." He said and disconnected the call.

Ouch, friend zoned from the one guy I actually like.

Slowly, the tears poured out of my eyes at my misfortune. The only guy I had actually liked loved some other girl and on top of that, had friendzoned me.

Just my luck, honestly.