Chapter 12

Eira's POV

"So, when were you going to tell me that Hardik wasn't your boyfriend?" Gia's voice was suddenly heard from behind me. I had sat down on a quiet table with nobody sitting beside me. Hardik had disappeared after us getting here and I had watched the whole engagement feeling horrible and alone. Now I was just here, knocking back some coke. It's a pity they didn't offer coke with vodka, I needed to forget this horrible day.

"Never, actually." I replied back, taking a sip. "You want?" I asked, gesturing to my cup.

"No, thanks." She said, sitting on the chair beside me. "The bean doesn't like coke anymore. Eh, I have to eat and drink healthier anyway." She shrugged, sipping on her lemonade.

"You know, I didn't believe it when Hardik confessed." She remarked. "I never did believe it the first time, I thought Vee had put him up to it."

"I get it, blah blah blah." I said. "Do you have anything stronger here?" I asked her.

"Not at the engagement. At the wedding, sure!" She said and then waved at someone. "You love him."

"I do not! Pssh." I said, looking at her.

"I had that look on my face too, you know. Still have it. Point is, I recognise it."

"Is it that easy to read my face?" I shoved my face into my palm, massaging my cheeks with my fingers. "All I keep asking, is why me?"

"You're an amazing girl, Eira. But you don't have confidence in yourself, do you? Hardik's stupid, he's young too. But you know what love is, show him." Gia said, getting up.

"I have to get back to Vee now. Promise me you'll confess." Gia said, looking at me.

"The last time I promised something to you, it didn't happen! I wouldn't have let him confess anything to you." I said, looking up at her.

"Eira, when you love someone, you need to tell them to get over it. Maybe Hardik wanted to get over it! You need to show him that you love him, okay? Promise me that you'll show him." She said, squeezing my hands.

"I don't have the courage to." I muttered, taking my hands out of hers.

"At a point in time, neither did I." She said, looking away. I turned around to see that she was looking at Virat who was laughing with Rohit and Bumrah. "This wouldn't have happened if I hadn't."

Virat suddenly noticed Gia looking at him and excused himself, coming towards Gia and kissing her slowly, amid the whistling and the hooting.

"Eira, hey!" Virat came over and shook my hand. "How's everything?"

"Fine, Virat bhai!" I said, smiling at him. "Aur aap?"

"Absolutely perfect." He replied back, looking at Gia again. Their love story is so perfect!

"Go, Eira." Gia said, coming out of her trance and looking at me.

"You know what, I will." Suddenly overcome with a feeling of determination, I got up and walked away from the happy couple, intent on finding Hardik.

"Meri jaan, ushe kahan bhej rahi ho?" Virat said, holding Gia by the waist and pulling her to him.

"Uski aapni love story banane, don't worry." Gia laughed.

I looked all around the happy atmosphere but couldn't find Hardik, at all. Maybe he had left the party. I tried his phone but he wasn't picking up. As a last resort, I went to the pool side and saw two figures, sitting close to each other.

I went closer and recognised the blue sherwani that Hardik wore. Thank God I found him! But before I could take another step further, Haridk went closer to the other person and starred kissing the person, making my heart break into tiny pieces.

He was drunk, most likely!

Gia had said that there wasn't any alcohol at the reception.

He wanted to kiss the person.

I felt like crying, bawling my eyes out. A tear escaped from my eye, slowly making its way down my cheek but I wiped it off with my hand and turned around to go. I was almost out of the pool area when a voice stopped me.

"Eira!" Ananya's voice stopped me as I turned around to see her hand in hand with Hardik, walking towards me. Hardik was looking at her with adoration, hurting me even more.

"Listen, Harry told me everything and I'm so glad that he has a best friend like you. Honestly, he's the sweetest!" She said and hugged me, leaving his hands for a moment.

Like a best friend. Nothing more, nothing less.

Get your shit together, Eira! You have to help your best friend.

"It was not.. nothing really. I was just finding him to take him home." I said, having difficulty in speaking.

"I'll go with Ananya, it's fine. You enjoy the party." Hardik finally spoke up, looking at me.

"You sure?" I asked him, begging him to change his decision.

"I'll be fine, Eira. Stop worrying!" Hardik laughed, making Ananya giggle and me crack a smile.

"Okay, I'll go. Have fun you two." I said and walked away, my heart beating fast. I could hear them laughing, enjoying themselves. I mean, it could've been a one time thing, na? I'm sure Hardik didn't mean to kiss Ananya, it's not like she was his girlfriend!

I could still tell him. Still confess.

Right?

The tears said a different story all together.