Chapter 13

Just before the chapter I wanted to let you guys know that this book is going to be so slow burn. Like they'll be with other people before and it will take a long long time for them to get together. This is because in the Aesthetic series (ft. Virat Kohli), they had got together before they had faced all the problems. I wanted this story to be the opposite. I want them to be mega best friends before becoming partners because that's the way it happens nowadays.

So, yes. You'll be begging for them to get together.

No, they will not get together until the end.

But to be fair, this is a pretty short story. So, you wouldn't have to wait for long.

On with the chapter!

Eira's POV

"You've been ignoring me for a week, yaar!" Hardik says, exasperated. "Have I done something?"

"No, yaar!" I shook my head. Only broken my heart into pieces because why not. "I've been so busy!"

"Busy for your best friend?" Hardik asks. "I see how it is."

"No, I've just had a lot of work to be done, honestly. Chalo, today you can decide the whole day, I'll do whatever you say." I said. "I'm free."

"Pakka?" He said.

"Pakka, tell me what do you want to do?" I asked.

"Well actually, You're a girl na?" He asks, putting one of his hands behind his head.

"Well done Captain Obvious! What was it, the boobs or the butt?" I asked, sarcastic.

"Shut up!" He said, blushing. "Well, you must know what a girl likes and doesn't."

"Effectively, yes." I hummed and nodded. Wait a minute, why is he asking all this. Unless... God no.

"Could you help me plan a date with Ananya? I really want to ask her to be my girlfriend."

My hopes were shattered. My heart felt like it had been run over by a tractor and my head was pounding. Did he know what he was asking of me? Was he fucking serious?

Yes, yes he was.

"Um, I just remembered! I had something in store!" I said, feeling faint.

"Don't lie, Eira. Please, do this for me!" Hardik begged.

"Okay, fine. The things I do." I nodded and immediately regretted the decision. I couldn't believe that I had agreed to this, basically planning my ideal date with the boy I like who just asked me to plan his date with the girl he likes.

I didn't want to go through this torture.

"Okay, so. Do you know what flowers she likes?" I asked, looking at him. Believe me, it took a lot of courage to ask him that.

"Lilies." He said, looking at me. He knows that already?!

"Okay, when are you planning this date?" I asked. "Please give a time frame so that I could possibly go home and come to terms with it and possibly cancel before the actual thing.

"Well, I wanted it to be today, you know. Next weekend is Gia and Virat's wedding and she's in the bridal party, so she'll be busy all day." He said, looking at me. "Hey, Eira. You don't... feel bad, do you?"

I looked at him. Please tell me he's understood my unspoken pleas. "No, I'm fine! What do you mean?" I laughed, albeit hesitantly.

Translation: Yes, you fucking moron. I love you and you're asking someone else to be your girlfriend?

"Well, I've come to spend time with you and instead we're planning for my date." He smiled. It was then I could see the adoration he had for Ananya. She had, for the time being made Hardik forget about Gia and the live he had for her. She had done something in a week I couldn't do in a year.

She had made Hardik see the world without Gia.

With that admission, I couldn't control it. Excusing myself from the table, I went to the washroom and splashed some water on my face, willing the tears to stay in my eyes. Without fail, they poured down and I couldn't control myself. I bawled as quietly as I could, looking at myself in the mirror. What did Ananya have that I didn't?

Maybe I should let go of Hardik. He's clearly found his rebound.

After fifteen minutes, I had wiped my face clear and went back to the table. Hardik had by some miracle not ditched me but he did look up when I came.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked, looking at me when I slid into the chair opposite him.

"I'm fine, the washroom had a long line." I said. "Back to the date! We have to charm the socks off Ananya's foot, okay? This has to be the best date she's ever been on."

"Done, deal." Hardik looked at me. "You're the best friend I could ever have, yaar. Never leave me."

"Never."