Chapter 8

For 200+ reads five days after the release. Thank you😊

Eira's POV

"I think I'm going to tell her at the engagement." Hardik tells me at breakfast the next morning, making me cough as I ate cereal, which made Hardik come around the island, tapping my back as I ceased coughing.

"Who?" I asked, taking a big glup of water.

"Gia, I'm going to tell that I have feelings for her at her engagement." Hardik says, moving around the island towards the fridge. He was wearing a while shirt which stuck to his body like a second skin, which in turn made me see his glorious abs. Oh my God, he was perfect.

"Eira, are you listening?" He said, clicking his fingers in front of me.

"Oh yea, tell me. Sorry." I said, going back to my cereal. "I've been busy lately."

"As I was saying, this is the only way I'm going to get over my feeling. Or maybe, Gia likes me back." He shrugged.

"Harry, I love you and I'm sure so does Gia. But I'm not sure we love you in the 'I'd love to spend the rest of my life with you' way. That's Virat for her." I said, stuffing my face to prevent me from crying.

I did love him in the 'I'd love to spend the rest of my life with you' way.

"I know! But I've to try, at least!" He said, finishing his food and putting his plate in the sink. "Wanna go shopping for wedding type things?"

"Sure, any excuse to shop, I'm in." I said, putting my own bowl in the sink. "I've to tell my mom first."

To Ma

I'm going shopping with Hardik for Gia and Virat's wedding. Be back later😙

To Eira

Okay, but come back before 6. We'd like to introduce you to someone.

To Mom

No, ma. I'm tired of meeting potential husbands.

To Eira

If this guy isn't to your liking, we'll stop.

To Ma

Thank you.

"So, which colour are you feeling?" I asked Hardik as we moved around the mall in our shades. Being a popular cricketer in India is a people hazard, I swear.

"Sorry?" Hardik looked up from his phone and looked at me.

"Okay, what are you looking at?" I said, pulling his phone away from him. He was looking at Gia's Instagram, where she had posted a picture of her wearing the ring.

"Hardik.." I trailed off, feeling sad. I didn't know for who, for me or him. He wasn't ever going to see that I actually liked him, was he?

"Don't, Eira. Mujhe pata hai, I need to get over her and I need to tell her to get over her." He said and took his phone back and kept it in his pocket.

"Okay, I understand." No, I never will. "So, colour?"

"I think black? That's a nice colour and we could match?" He said, walking towards the sherwani store.

"Black? Seriously?" I asked, following him. Gosh, that boy.

"Listen, I've just got a text from the coach." Hardik says at the food court. We had finished the shopping bit and we're now eating salads, ugh.

"And you need to go?" I asked, stuffing some leaves in my mouth. It's a pity I didn't have a fast metabolism, that could have really come in handy.

"Yep, only bowlers." He put his phone in his pocket and got up. "So, I'll drop you home?"

"Na, I really don't want to face the cheery inquisition and it's like four now. You go, I'll finish my food." I said, looking up at him.

"Okay, give me a missed call once you reach, I doubt I'll be able to pick up." He said, hugging me. Damn, that cologne.

"Bye, Harry."

"Bye, Eira, don't forget!" He said, walking away with his bags.

"What's a girl gotta do to spend some time here?" I looked around the food court.

I landed up in the games area and all I could see were small kids on the consoles and screams all around.

"This is a parent's worst nightmare." I muttered to myself.

"That's absolutely fucking true." A voice from behind me said, effectively scaring me.

"Woah, who the fuck are you?" I asked, gasping.

"I'm Neal. And you are?" He said, smiling.

"Not interested." I smiled back at him and he laughed. Not just a small laugh, he full on guffawed.

"Chill, I have a girlfriend. She's actually shopping, so I've come here to pass some time." He said, still chuckling.

"I'm sorry. It's just that, it's not a fantastic day for me. I'm Eira." I said, putting my hand forward to shake his.

"Pleasure, want to play?" He said, shaking my hand and pointing towards the car racing game.

"Ah, fuck it. Why not?" I said, moving towards the game with Neal following.

"I cannot believe I lost!" Neal was muttering to himself. "I drive in reality too!"

"Well, tough luck!" I said, snickering. I looked at the phone and saw it was almost 5:15, better to leave now so that I could freshen up before the guy came.

"Listen, I've got to go now, I have guests coming over." I said, hugging him. "Why don't you give me your number? We could hang out again?"

"Yep, sure! I had to leave too, I have to go to someone's house too." He said, taking my phone and entering his number while I entered mine in his.

"Chalo, bye then!" I said, walking towards the car park.

"Bye, Eira!"