Chapter 25

Eira's POV

"So, Neal. When am I going to meet Sanya?" I asked, as we ate lunch.

"Never." He sighed. "She broke up with me."

"What? Why?" I asked.

"Aare yaar, mu se nikal gaya." He huffed. "That you know, we kissed."

"Why did you kiss me?" I asked, astonished. "Aur didn't we make a promise of hiding this from Sanya?"

"Yaar, it was in the heat of the moment." He said, looking a but depressed. "You were chattering on and I was absolutely fed up." I looked at him sternly.

"Aise koi bhi kuch nahi karta, don't fuck with me." I huffed. Who was he kidding?

He looked at me. "Acha fine. You aren't that bad looking too." He mumbled.

"Don't tell me you have a crush on me?" I laughed. "You're my friend, yaar."

"Acha, just a friend?" He said, keeping one hand on his chest, looking irritated. Oof, he was such a drama queen, na!

"Okay, look I've got to say something." He said, after finishing lunch.

"Me too. But you go first."

"No, no. You go." He said, raising his hand for the check.

"No, go." I pointed to him.

"Acha, okay. Now you know we've actually met through family, properly. Right?" He said, looking at me.

"Mm-hmm." I mumbled.

"And you know that our parents have been urging us to get married?" He looked at me, holding my hands.

"Okay?" I said, slowly. "So?"

"So I was thinking, since I am not in a relationship anymore and you are single, why don't we say yes?" He said, leaning closer to me.

"Say yes to what?" I asked, bewildered.

"Say yes to the marriage!" He said, excitement clear in his eyes. "Look, before you say no-" He started, as soon as he saw my expression. "Think about it. You know me, I know you. We're clearly the best for each other and the best part is that our parents and other family members also agree!" He said.

"Dude, are you alright? I understand if you are sad about Sanya but please, no!" I said, vehemently. "Moreover, we'll be ruining a friendship!" I argued.

"Eira, you are my best option to get my parents off my back." He pleaded.

"I would do anything else but this. Don't make me do this." I pleaded. "Plus-"

"Shhh." He pointed a finger at me. "Think about it." He said as he signed the bill. "Thanks." He said, getting up. I was still looking at him from my seat, in astonishment.

"Get up, Eira. I didn't say start thinking about it now. Sleep on it."

Call incoming
Harryboey❤