Bonus Chapter #2

I've actually never ever written like sad imagines, like ever.
So, I'm going to TRY and write one.

It started out as a normal day. Pretty soon, they knee it wasn't.

"Hardik, I'm going to kill you if you ever lay a single finger on me again." Eira grunted out, huffing as Hardik pulled out from the apartment parking, driving slowly towards the hospital.

"Okay baba, let's get to the hospital first and deliver our little girl." He smiled, not affected. She had told the same thing at Karan's birth too.

Safe to say, the result of that was seen now.

"Jaldi chalao na!" She moaned, breathing in violently. "I'm this close to loosing it."

Pretty soon, they reached the hospital. Hardik drove straight into the emergency room door, a nurse bringing out a wheelchair.

"Hi, my wife's water broke." He said and the nurse quickly gave him the wheelchair to hold as she called other nurses to help.

After five minutes of carefully taking Eira out of the car and into the wheelchair, everything began to move quicker. She was wheeled in as fast as possible, while he was given documents to fill.

Thank God Karan had had a sleepover the previous night with Ayaan, Giulia and Eshan. That's one thing sorted.

After filling the documents, he quickly went up to her room and held her hand as the nurse explained everything.

"You're only 7cm dilated, Mrs. Pandya. If you want, we can have the epidural injected." She asked.

"No drugs, please." She panted out, gulping down.

"Okay, is this your first?" She asked me, giving her a glass of ice cold water.

"No, actually. This is our second." He answered, seeing her forehead go up into a frown. "Why, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, has she completed nine months?" She asked me, taking her clipboard and looking through.

"She was going to complete nine months next week, why is something wrong?" He asked again, seeing her face. "Please, is there something happening?"

"No, sir." She reassured me. "Let me get a doctor to reconfirm the dilation." She smiled at me and quickly walked out.

"What was that about?" She asked him, frowning.

"I don't know." Hardik replied, looking at her for a moment and then smiling. "I'm sure there's nothing to worry about, you both are going to be fine."

She smiled but it was obvious that something was bothering her. "Listen," She spoke out, after a moment. "If something happens -"

"Nothing's going to happen." He shushed her. "Don't think that way."

"No, let me finish." Eira panted out. "If anything happens, promise me you'll choose the baby."

Hardik was at a loss. What could he say to the love of his life? Fulfill her wish and possible loose her or not fulfill her wish and break her heart?

Fortunately or unfortunately, the nurse came back with the sphygmomanometer. "Excuse me, could we check the blood pressure?" She asked, strapping on the band even before anyone had said yes.

She quickly did the procedure and opened the strap, Hardik seeing her nervousness on her face. "Is the blood pressure alright?" He asked, praying to God that it was.

"It's a little higher than normal." She admitted. "I'll call the doctor."

Soon, the doctor came in with the ultrasound machine, the nurse following her. "Could you possibly lift your top, I just want to check on the baby." She smiled at us.

"Oh, that's so cold and so good." Eira sighed out, Hardik smiling at her.

"Doctor?" The nurse called out, looking at her with a sad expression on her face.

"Mr. and Mrs. Pandya?" The doctor said, with a smile in her face. "I'm afraid we have something to discuss."

"In most of the cases that we've encountered that are this severe," She said, with a sad smile. "Only one survives."

Apparently she had high blood pressure and their baby girl had the umbilical cord wrapped tightly around her neck. They were going to do their best to save both but in the case that it wouldn't happen, the doctor had asked our priority.

"You'll save our girl." Eira had said, tears running down her face. "You'll save her." She said, with a pleading expression on her face.

And with each and every fiber of his being, he nodded, closing his eyes and letting a few tears running down his face.

"Our baby girl, save her."

Now, waiting for four hours outside the emergency room, he pleaded. Every second he pleaded that both of them would be okay. That he would get to see both of them, together. His wife holding her daughter closely and seeing her grow up.

He begged to whichever God that was listening, to not take his family away.

Please.

At last, the red bulb on the roof of the emergency room switched off. He got up with shaky legs, praying that a miracle had happened.

The doctor came out, with a mask all over her lower face.

Slowly, she pulled down the mask and he knew it.

I'm so sorry, your wife didn't make it.

Do not, I REPEAT, do not kill me. Please, it was a trial at a sad imagine. But, please feel free to comment down below on how did the imagine feel. If you did (by any chance) cry, please write it in the comments below too. That really helps a lot, because I don't want to be the only one that did.

Leave a like :) 💛