Chapter 23

Eira's POV

"Eiraa!" Someone was calling my name. With a jolt, I woke up and looked at my surroundings. I was still at the park, on the swing. The rain had stopped by now and I was drenched. It looked like I had succumbed to the darkness after being exhausted from crying.

Suddenly, somebody's car stopped in front of me. Wait, that's Neal's car.

Neal saw me and came out of the car, after locking it. Gosh, men and their cars. Even Hardik was possessive about his car.

Hardik. Why was I thinking about him? He was good for nothing after what happened.

"Eira, are you okay?" He asked, standing in front of me and then winced. "Stupid question." He said, sitting on the swing next to me.

"You worried me, yaar." He said, after he saw that I wasn't replying. "Mujhe bolkar toh baghti!" I cracked a smile.

"Hardik is an asshole." He muttered after a while. "Ananya's a bitch too, they belong with each other."

"Ananya didn't do anything, she was telling the truth." I said the words, immediately feeling sick. Ananya was right to even open her mouth. "She told me the truth, maybe this'll help me get over Hardik." I said, looking at my palm. It had red lines running across it from holding the swing tightly.

"Did you hurt yourself?" Neal asked, taking my palm in his hand and looking at the lines, after a moment tracing the lines through with his finger.

His finger was soft, but rough at the same time. Gosh, what was wrong with me?

"I'm fine. I actually don't like sitting on swings." I said, shaking my head. "I fell from the swing and hurt my head when I was two." I muttered.

He laughed. "Dude, it was over a decade ago!"

"Ya, well, I got seven stitches." Well, that ceased his laughter.

"You serious?" He pondered. "How the hell did you fall?"

"Ah, I don't remember." I shrugged.

"Listen, I'll always be there for you, you know that?" He said, after a few minutes of silence. I got angry at this.

"And then you'll leave! This is what everyone does, and everyone will do! I mean I should've known. Bacche ho ya adults, everyone has the same psychology." I got up front the swing and started pacing around. "I knew I shouldn't have even tried to make friends, the while thing was a goddamn mistake.. umph!"

He kissed me.

Hardik's POV

"Where is Eira!" I muttered to myself as I drove around the place, trying to look for her. After the whole debacle, I had told Ananya to wait while I looked for her. It was late at night and it wasn't an okay place for her, I had told Ananya.

But is it why you're actually looking for her?

No.

Of course not. I needed to explain.

When I had kissed her back at her house, I felt sparks everywhere. It was like a current flowed through me and I only pulled her closer. Only to realise what was going on once we paused to breathe.

I was cheating on my girlfriend with my best friend.

That completely shocked me. I didn't know what to do! Should I continue? I was overcome with the questions in my head and my heart and brain wanted two different things. Could I actually have a relationship with Eira, when she'd been my best friend for so long?

What if we don't work out?

The friendship will be ruined, forever. I didn't want that, not in a million years.

So I pushed her away. And chose Ananya.

Ananya was risk free, whereas Eira was hazardous.

But Eira was the one who could make my blood hum, my heart soar in pleasure, my face pull up into a smile every time. She was everything to me and worth more to me than my greatest achievement.

She was my water whereas I was fire.

And the hatred part?

It was all Ananya. She and Pallavi had come together for one reason, they both hated Eira. Since then, it was all happy smiles for them, continuing to badmouth Eira.

What kind of a friend I was, if I couldn't even protect my Eira?

As I pulled up to the park, my heart jumped in joy. Eira was roaming around the swings, muttering something and Neal was sitting down, looking at her with adoration.

Why was Neal looking at her with adoration?

Suddenly he looked behind her to see my car. He smiled and then did something I wasn't expecting.

He walked up to her and kissed her to keep her quiet.

They say 'follow your heart' but if your heart just broke into a million pieces, which piece do you follow?

I apologise if I broke some people, but some people were asking why Ananya over Eira.

Here's Hardik's POV for you!

Also, did you notice, most of my chapters begin with someone calling Eira. Oof, she's so in demand!

Also, I'm so sorry Mannieee18 for not updating sooner, someone broke my phone😑 [My brother]