Chapter 24

Eira's POV

"What just happened?" I said after he pulled back. "You kissed me? What.. what about Sanya?" I asked as we heard a car driving by.

"I don't know what happened, I'm so sorry!" He said.

"No, it's... it's fine." I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself down. It was going to be okay.

Wasn't it?

"Listen, I think we should go. It's almost one." He said, patting my shoulder.

We went and sat in the car and he immediately turned the air conditioning on. I mean it was Mumbai, even after rains it was hot.

We reached home and he helped me inside, making sure I was alright. Then, without further questioning, he left but not before kissing my forehead. Why was acting so clingy? I couldn't even think about it, being so tired.

The next morning

Someone knocked on my door.

"Eira, it's Uday." He said from the other side of the door. "Hardik's here."

Knowing how reluctant I was in getting up and leaving the comforts of my bed, it was a surprise to Uday once he saw how fast I was in getting up.

"What?" I said, aghast. "Why would he be here?" I asked, again.

Uday shrugged. "How would I know? I mean, friends do visit each other, am I correct?"

"We're not friends." I mumbled softly.

"Anyways, I have a meeting in another forty five minutes, so I have to leave. Hardik's in the living room and use protection." He winked.

"Uday!" I said, blushing. No, Eira. Must not think about Pandya's abs.

Please no.

Too late.

"Oof, go and get ready!" Uday said and left.

I quickly wore house shorts and a top, something I hoped would give him the indication that I did not, clearly give a fuck about him.

Oh gosh, he was never going to get that. When the person itself doesn't want to let him go, how would the clothes say anything.

Stay strong, Eira. This is your home, no one's going to lose here.

Espicially not you.

I put some cream and head downstairs, first going straight to the kitchen to get a bottle of water and then to the living room. Obviously he was nervous, he kept looking everywhere around the room but not me.

I sat opposite him.

"Why did you have to come here? Didn't you think I had enough at the party?" The words left my mouth before I could stop them. Hardik winced.

"I'm sorry, Eira." He said, looking at me. You know the thing people do with their eyes that makes them large and makes you immediately want to forgive them?

He was doing that. Dammit, Eira! Must not fall for those eyes.

Look away, Eira!

Dammit. I fell for them. He looked so cute though BUT I HAVE TO STAY STRONG!

"For what? I mean you didn't do anything but berate me behind my back! It's perfectly normal with friends, I mean if that's what we are." I shrugged, looking at my phone. Ooh, nice pictures of Gia!

"Eira, I didn't actually say anything. Eira? Please look at me?" He pleaded.

"You know what? You don't get to have the benefit of the doubt, okay? You don't have any feelings for me, fine! Then don't kiss me and then say no. Don't close your eyes when I am trying to kiss you because in every god damn universe, that means yes! And don't - umph!"

He had kissed me, again. What is it with men and kissing me when I'm ranting?

He tasted like mint and chocolate. He was so gentle and so so loving. I knew a hundred things about him but he'd make me forget all of them when he kissed me.

Believe me, he was that good.

Well, all good things come to an end, don't they?

We parted for taking a breather and I immediately cluched on to him, hugging him with all my might.

"What do you do to me? I'm supposed to be hating you right now!" I muttered close to his ear, so that he heard everything.

"Believe me when I say, it's a talent." He joked and hummed, the vibrations reverberating throughout his chest, making me feel all nice and tingly inside.

"But why would you do that?" I asked, once we had settled down on the sofa, cuddling.

"Babe," yes, babe. "It was all Pallavi and Ananya. They had recently bonded over hating you, I mean the only reason they're nice is because of Gia." He said, cluching me tight.

"Please tell me you're going to be breaking up with her?" I looked up at him. "Please, you have to."

"I will, as soon as she returns home from work." He said, holding me tighter, as if I would disappear if he loosened up.

"I really really really like you." I whispered.

"I really really like you too." He kissed my forehead.