Chapter 21

Eira's POV

A few weeks later

"Eira, it's so nice to meet you!" Gia hugged me. It was nice to see her, after all the drama and her honeymoon, of course. I didn't know whether Ananya knew what happened between me and Hardik but I hope she didn't.

"Hey, Gia. What's up?" I smiled. I looked horrible, nothing that makeup couldn't solve, of course.

"Nothing!" Gia said, pulling me to the sofa. "Well, except the fact that I told Virat that I was pregnant." She beamed.

I really envied those two, they had it perfect now.

"How did he take it?" I asked, shaking these thoughts out of my head. They deserved it.

"He was so shocked." She giggled. "But after a minute he turned protective, you know how he is." She shook her head. "Pardon me, do you want anything?" She asked, getting up and going to the kitchen. "Water, tea?"

"Nothing, Gia. I don't want you to strain yourself." She came back with two glasses of water. "Arre, you're just as bad as Virat, I swear." She swore. "He wouldn't go for his practise at all, I mean hadh hoti hai!"

"Aw, he's just being cautious!" I said, smiling.

"Forget about us, how are you and Hardik?" She asked, leaning closer to me.

"Well, Hardik and I... we kinda kissed?" I kind of asked, biting my lip.

"Really?" She gasped. "What's kind of Eira, did he smash?" She asked, joining her hands to show the motion and I blushed.

"Chee, Gia!" I blushed and she laughed, hard. "Aare, we just kissed!"

"So, how was it?" She asked, looking at me after calming down from her laughing fit.

"It was... it was magical, Gia." I said softly, tears coming out of my eyes.

"Why are you crying if it was magical?" She handed me a tissue and I wiped my tears.

"Because... because he didn't like me more than a friend, Gia." I started crying even heavier, her putting one hand around my shoulder and pulling me closer.

"Hush, he doesn't know what he's missing, he'll be gutted to loose such an amazing girl like you." She patted my back.

"But, I thought Ananya was your friend?!" I cried out, looking at her. "Why are you supporting me over her?"

"Because you're amazing, Eira. And this isn't the end of the world." She rubbed my shoulder with her hand. "You'll be alright, I know you will."

"Thanks, Gia."

"Hey, Eira? It's Ananya here." She spoke through the phone, making me look at the phone. It was Ananya calling me from Hardik's number. Wow, they are that close. For some reason, that made me shrivel up inside.

"Hi." I said. What could she possibly discuss, maybe how not to touch her boyfriend again?

"Listen, I don't have much time, Hardik's gone to the washroom. We're having a party tomorrow, you have to come!" She said, surprising me. So, Hardik hadn't told her?

"Where?" I said, this was interesting. Why would he hide it from the person that he loves. Does he think I'm so small or is he really coming to terms with his feelings?

"At my house, you can ask Gia. Okay, the party starts at 8, but honestly, turn up around 9ish." She said. "Okay, he's coming back, I'll see you at the party, bye!"

"Bye." I said after she cut the call. Now, this was interesting.

"Come on, what are you going to do?" Neal asked as I dragged him to the mall.

"We are going to find me a nice party dress." I said, looking through the window of Mango. "Naah, they don't have sparkles."

"Who's party and where?" He hummed, walking along my side. "Plus, the most important question, is Hardik going to be there?" He narrowed his eyes at me.

"Yep, he's going to be there." I nodded, dragging him into Bebe. "See, this is what I call sparkles."

"Eira, I might have not been your friend for long but I recognise the look on your face. What are you planning?" He took me out of the shop and made me sit in one of the chairs from Krispy Kreme. Then he sat opposite me.

"Tell me." He said.

"I found out something. Hardik didn't tell Ananya about the kiss." I said.

Yes, he knew. Duh!

"That could mean that he doesn't want to ruin his relationship before its started." He said. "Don't commit social suicide before you have friends." He laughed and I mocked him.

"Very funny. What if he hasn't come to terms with his feelings? Ananya's a safer option!" I said, moving my hands.

"Calm down." He grabbed my hands. "That's like ten per cent of a chance, Eira. Something could go very very wrong."

"But," I softened my voice. "I have to try. Hardik.. he's not just a guy, he's my first love." I said, looking at my palm.

"Hey." He grabbed my palm towards himself. "If you want to commit social suicide," He took a deep breath. "Well what kind of a friend would I be if I didn't jump with you. Let's go buy you a dress so good that Hardik can't take his eyes of you." He smiled at me.

I really was lucky to have a friend like him.

I thought I accidently deleted the chapter. I threw my phone across the room and started crying in response.

The chapter was alright :)