Chapter 15

Eira's POV

"Eira, Eira!" A knocking was heard on my door as I woke up from the sofa. I walked, more like stumbled out to the door. There was nobody in the house, Uday had left early in the morning and ma hadn't come back from last night. I couldn't give two fucks about where Mallika and dad was.

"Hi, Neal?" I asked, surprised to see who was at the door.

"Hey! Can I come in or would you prefer us talking like this?" He laughed.

"I'm so not ready to talk with anyone." I said, not opening the door. "I look like shit."

"Yea well, you look terrible anyway and besides, I know about the shit that happened yesterday. I'm not even here to talk, I'm here for Netflix and chill." He waved his eyebrows.

I laughed, it hurt my head so bad though.

"Cone in but let me warn you though, I have just woken up. It's going to take me some time to get semi ready." I said, leading him to the sofa and gesturing for him to sit there.

I walked slowly up to my room and immediately went to the shower and just stood underneath the shower head, yesterday's events just sinking in. I needed to get back up on my feet and just deal with it.

How the fuck do you deal with a father cheating on his wife with his supposed daughter-in-law?

There's no way out of this, is there?

I quickly put a towel around my body and went and put on the comfiest pajamas I had. I then walked down and went straight into the kitchen to take an apple and went into the living room where Neal was watching UP.

"Already made yourself at home?" I asked, sitting next to him. He had brought over all kinds of junk food, from Cadbury's to Mars and four types of popcorn. Wow, I could marry this guy! Sanya was a very lucky girl.

"Waise, who told you?" I asked, making myself comfortable on the sofa.

"Uday. He called me after Hardik didn't pick up, he wanted me to check up on you." He hummed and ripped off the popcorn packet, eating straight from the packet.

"Hardik's was on a date, I wouldn't be surprised if he actually got some." I said softly, which made Neal look at me.

"Oh my God." He gasped and I looked at him, frowning.

"What?" I put my hand inside the packet to which he huffed and slapped my hand away.

"You get your own packet, firstly. Secondly, you like the guy!" He said, getting the remote to pause the movie. "I don't want to miss the movie."

"Psh!" I said, getting my own packet of popcorn. "Please!"

"Don't you lie to me." He wagged a finger at me. "You like Hardik, you like Hardik!"

"Is it that easy to read me?" I huffed. "First Gia and now you?"

"Woah, you met Gia Chowdhery?" He stared at me, wide eyed. "I mean, I thought you would have but still! You must have met Virat Kohli too, then?!" He gasped, sitting up.

"Listen, I'll tell you what, why don't you come with me to the wedding? I'll try and get you to meet Virat and Gia, only if you promise not to fangirl." I said, playing the movie. "And yes, I like Hardik, okay? Promise you won't tell anyone?" I put out my pinky, looking at him as he scoffed.

"What are we, two?" He said as I still stared at him. "Arrrggghh, seriously? Fine!" He put his pinky finger over mine, crossing it. "I promise."

"Good, you tell anyone, I cut off your finger." I said, then turned around to watch the movie.

"Wow, you're so vicious!" He said, looking at me with wide eyes.

"Chup chap se watch the movie." I shushed him and continued to watch the movie.

"The movie was good, I'm kinda surprised!" He said, walking to the kitchen to throw the packets of junk food. "I'm hungry for proper food." He said, rubbing his tummy.

"You're still hungry?!" I asked, astonished. "You ate three packets of popcorn!"

"I'm a growing boy, please! I left Sanya for you, at least honour the kind of commitment I show to you!" He said.

"I'm so sorry, so so sorry." I said, joining my hands. "Let's go to the Beer Cafe, you can get a very good pizza there. It's amazing."

"Okay, you go get ready, I'll wait." He said, pushing me towards my room.

As I was getting ready, I heard the doorbell. As I heard the door open and a voice speaking, I quickly pulled on my clothes and walked down, shoes in hand. At the door, I saw Hardik, talking with Neal.

"Who are you?" He was asking Neal with a frown on his face.

"I'm Eira's friend, you're Hardik Pandya!" Neal's face was full of shock, he was hardcore fangirling. In fact I had never seen him as animated as I was seeing him now. That really made a smile appear on my face.

"Hardik, hi!" I went up and hugged him. "What are you doing here?"

"I had a missed call from Uday, just wanted to check up on you. Everything alright, na?" He said, looking at me. "And who's this?" He said, pointing at Neal.

"He's a friend and nothing happened." I said, looking at him. Why the fuck was he frowning?

"No, I actually also came around to see if you wanted to hang out with Ananya and I? The date worked perfectly and she agreed to be my girlfriend!" He smiled at me but somehow the smile didn't reach his eyes.

"Yea, about that. Neal and I had already made plans for lunch, so.." I wandered off. I didn't want to watch the guy I liked kissing another girl. That would be torture!

"Why don't you guys come with us?" Hardik was quick to reply, looking at me. "We'll bond!"

"Well Neal, you don't mind?" I asked, looking at him.

"Nope, let's go!"