Chapter 2

Eira's POV

"Madam, wake up!"

"Ugnaaaaa"

"Eira Alina Rajput!"

"Mumma!" I shrieked and woke up, drenched. Huh, I did get the shriek from her!

"You are uncultured! Who drinks so much of vodka and then publicly shames their brother and his fiance!" She shouted.

"Ma, you should have never brought me to the party."

"You're right. You'll see the first thing I will do to marry you off to the first eligible person I find, forget about your opinion!" She said, walking towards the door. "Your father works so hard for you kids and look at you! A degree in journalism and no job. What will you do?!"

"Maa, go na!" I whined, falling back on the pillow.

"You are going to apologise to Uday and Malika as soon as you find them."

"Ugghhh, fine!"

I turned around and found my phone next to me with the device buzzing like crazy.

Checking my messages, I found this

Unknown Number
Hi, unknown girl!
It's Hardik
Well, I don't know if you remember me but I was there yesterday at the bar?
Anyways, are you free today?
Helloooowww?
You might be sleeping, message me when you're awake😊

Eira changed the contact name to Hardik😊

Eira
Hiii
I just woke up, tbh
I'll be glad to hang out with you

Hardik😊
Switch on the news, now

Eira
Okay😕

Breaking News: Virat Kohli and his alleged girlfriend, Gia Chowdhery were in a hit and run case, both have been in the ICU was seen as the headlines on the TV as soon as I switched it on. I threw the remote on the bed and quickly grabbed my phone again.

Eira
Are you okay?!

Hardik😊
I'm... not good, honestly. They're only allowing immediate family members in their rooms so both Saroj aunty and Aryan would keep us all informed.

Eira
Who's Aryan?
And more importantly, do you want me to give you company?

Hardik
Aryan is Gia's brother.
And if you don't mind I mean I did meet you yesterday

Eira
I don't mind, send me your address. I need to get out my house anyway.

Hardik
*address sent*

Eira
Be there in 30😊

I quickly had a bath and got dressed. Well, safe to say, everyone got a heart attack when I turned up ten minutes later, without makeup.

"Eira, you're okay?" Mom came running towards me, putting the back of her hand on my forehead, which I swatted away.

"Ma, I'm fine, a friend needs me right now." I said, kissing her cheek.

"Hold up, a friend needs you? You've got friends?!" Uday said, very dramatically.

"Shut up, Uday. Go kiss ass with Mallika." I made a face.

"Eira, no such words to your brother. Do you want breakfast?" Ma asked, pouring a glass of juice for herself.

"No, I'll grab breakfast with my friend." I said, running out of the house.

"Hey, she didn't put makeup either!" Uday shouted as I ran out of the door.

As I reached the apartment complex where Hardik lived, I looked at myself through the side mirror of the vehicle.

Wow, I do not look good with makeup, this is disgusting, my whole life is so messed up.

Plus, I'm hungry.

I parked my car and quickly went up to the floor which he had said. His apartment had only one flat on each floor, so technically the whole floor was his, which also meant that he had no doorbell.

"Oye, open the door!" I shouted, banging on it. Looking back at it, I probably shouldn't have done that, I mean I just met the guy!

He opened the door with red eyes. Crap! Maybe I shouldn't have said those words.

"Hug?" I asked, with my arms open. I was willing to undergo this thing to pacify him. Oh God, I willingly gave a hug. We met a day ago and I'm already doing stuff which are not in my character.

He came into my arms and hugged me back. I could feel his tears roll down my top, which was bad since it was Zara, but strangely I could overlook it. Wow, he was actually making me uncare about materialistic things!

"What if Gia dies?" He said after a few moments.

"Well, I'm not so good with senty stuff so I'll dish it out to you. I have no confirmation that she'll be okay or not. I'm not a doctor, nor an astrologer. What I can tell you is to keep faith in her because from what I know, she's strong. Believe in her and yourself, Hardik." I said, looking at him. He really loves her, damn.

"But let's get your mind distracted from all this. Let's go to this cafe I found in Juhu and we'll have some breakfast. Then we'll just drive around and hopefully, you'll be alright." I said. "I mean, if you want to?"

"Yea, sure. Do I need to grab my keys?"

"Nooo, I'll drive."