Chapter 18

Eira's POV

"Neal!" I shouted as he drove up to the house. I was already ready to go to Gia and Virat's wedding and here he was, running late.

"Okay, I'm sorry! There was so much traffic!" He started apologising as soon as I sat in the passenger seat of the car, buckling myself in.

"Whatever it is, we have to move now. We're already behind by fifteen minutes!" I said. "We'll miss half of the ceremony anyways."

"Yaar, they're already married, so you've missed everything anyway." He snickered as he drove.

"Shut up and drive." I said.

"Wow, this is fancy!" He said as we rolled up the parking. It was practically devoid of people, most of them being inside.

"I know!" I said, looking at the building. "Looking at their wedding card, I knew." 

"Show me the wedding card!" He said, pulling the piece of paper right out of my hands. "Wow, sahi hai yaar." He remarked.

[Imagine the designs are gold, okay, Thanks💛]

"Waise, do you know why Gia's name is first?" He asked, as we walked up to the elevator to get to the plaza.

"It's because on the engagement card, Virat's name was first. Now, you keep quite." I said, as the elevator doors opened and we were bombarded by the glamour of the entire hall.

The whole hall had a gold and pink colour scheme, with small yellow lights everywhere. Guests were mingling with each other and Virat and Gia were sitting on the love seat at the centre, surrounded with family on both sides. As far as I could see, Hazel had taken up a permanent position on Gia's side, getting her tidbits when required. Being pregnant was a lot of hard work. Shit, I had actually missed the actual ceremony!

Stupid Neal.

"Neal, oh fuck

"Neal, oh fuck." I stopped in my footsteps, turning back to him.

"What?" He asked, looking back at me. "Oh gosh, so many famous people!"

"Have you got a gift?" I asked, frantically. "I completely forgot to get a gift!" I shook my hands and started to pace, while Neal laughed. "What are you laughing for?"

"Niche dekh, andhi." He was still laughing.

Beside his foot, a gift was kept.

"Oh fuck, I got scared I couldn't meet them and everyone would shoot me dirty looks and then I would be only coming for the food and -"

"Pagal, chup kar!" He said, tugging my hand to hold it. "I got the gift na and even if you had brought the gift, we would've given two gifts. So, chill." He said, putting his hands on my shoulder. "Breathe, you fucking moron." He snickered.

"Chal, let's go meet the couple." I turned around, walking ahead. Neal followed me, holding the gift.

"Hi!" I said, as I reached Gia and Virat. "I'm so sorry I didn't come for the ceremony, the traffic was for ages!" I said, smiling.

"No, no. It's okay. We're glad you made it." Virat stood, helping Gia up.

"Yep. Waise, who's this?" She said, pointing to Neal.

"I'm Neal and can I just say, it's an honor to meet you both." He said, holding the gift out. "This is for you." He said, Gia taking the parcel.

"Thank you but your presence is more than enough. You didn't have to get us a gift." Virat spoke, holding Gia close.

"Oh, Eira. Come stand next to me, the four of us can take a picture." Gia smiled, looking excited. Wow, she still looked radiant having such an hectic day.

The photographer clicked the picture and we were going to move but Gia held me hand. "Can I talk to you?" She whispered.

"Yea, sure." I nodded and turned to Neal. "Is it okay if I spoke to Gia for a bit?"

"Yea, sure!" He said. "I'll just hang out with some guys at the bar." He nodded and walked off, joining the crowd at the bar. I moved towards her, meeting Hazel.

"Oh, Eira! I'm so glad you're here, could you do me a favour?" Hazel asked, standing up. "I really need to stretch my legs, could you sit next to Gia, I'll be back in about half an hour?"

"Hazel, I don't need anyone, you could've gone ages ago!" She said, looking at her.

"We're best friends, Gia. It's my duty now." She said and walked off the platform, giving me the chair to sit. Wow, I hadn't ever experienced that in my life, people actually helping you to an extent of forsaking their own needs. I sat down on the chair and looked at Gia.

"What's with you and Neal?" Wow, again. Gia doesn't waste any time getting to the point, does she? "Do you like him?"

"No! As a friend, yea. But he has a girlfriend, Sanya." I said, looking at the next guest who came.

Gia looked to where I was looking and then looked back at me. "Let me get this straight, he didn't bring his girlfriend?" She looked at me with a quizzical smile on her face. Virat tapped her on the shoulder.

"Hi." She said, doing a namaste with her hands as she stood up. It was Anil Kumble with his wife.

"Congratulations, Virat, Gia. He's been head over heels for you, you know?" He laughed with the couple.

"Thank you, sir." Gia said. "It's amazing meeting the person who's had a hand in making Virat what he is, today." She smiled.

"God bless you." He said and then they posed for a picture, as I stood to the side so that I didn't come in the picture. Then they walked away, handing the gift.

"Well, Ananya thinks that Neal and I are a couple because of what Neal did when we had met yesterday. Neal wanted to see whether Hardik had any feelings for me." I said.

"Smart boy, I like him." She smiled. "Do you want me to tell Hardik?"

"What is wrong with you, no!" I said violently.

"Tell Ananya, then?" She probed further.

"No, Hardik's happy, Gia. Just, let him enjoy his time with Ananya." I said, feeling defeated. Gia was looking at me with sorrow in her eyes.

"I'm sorry, Eira."

Double update because the previous chapter was kinda small. But, it needed to be done😊