Chapter 20

I think you might be broke at the end of the chapter.

I'm sorry, in advance.

"What?" Hardik stumbled, me cutting him off.

"Neal's not my boyfriend, nor is he cheating on Sanya. I know Sanya myself." I said, in a low voice. "Neal's just a friend to me, a really really good friend."

"What?" He stuttered, not expecting this. "Sanya's aware?"

"Yep." I said, not looking at him.

"What about the part in which you said you love me?" He said, coming closer. "Was that true?"

"Uh, forget about that." I said, not making eye contact. "That was just a way to make you quiet."

"Eira, don't lie." He said.

"Fine, what do you want me to say?" I looked at him. "I love you, okay? It isn't in a friend way, either. I want to be by your side, loving you. It started with a crush and then I don't know when it turned to love, but it did. Hardik Pandya, I know you inside out. What you like, don't like. It killed me to see you with Ananya, but if it makes you happy then it makes me happy." I took a breather.

"But -" Hardik stuttered, not knowing what to say.

"I know, you don't love me. You like Ananya, it's okay." I said, turning around to walk back to my room. Why, oh why did I have to say anything!

Suddenly, he took a hold of my wrist and turned me around. Pulling me closer to him by the waist, he held my chin in the softest way possible and tilted my face up to meet his eyes, him biting his lips. And then, our lips met.

I don't know who started the kiss but do you know of the saying that the best feeling in the world is kissing someone you've wanted and waited to kiss for a long time?

Truer words had never been spoken.

Our lips moulded together like chocolate and strawberries, like cinnamon and honey. It felt like heaven and hell rolled up into one because I knew stopping this was going to be such a struggle for me. I just wanted to kiss him forever and ever.

Sooner than later, we broke into reality.

Our chests heaving, we kept our foreheads touching. It was like this moment was ours, ours to remember. And then he opened his eyes.

He saw me.

He pushed me back like I was burning him, I stumbled but held my ground. He looked at me and at the floor a couple of times, not believing what just happened. We had just kissed while Hardik was dating someone else. I walked towards him but he held a hand out to me, to stop me from coming near him. My heart broke.

"We- we just kissed." He said, looking at me.

"I love you, Hardik. More than Ananya ever will." I said softly, looking at him. I had every faith that he would leave her for me. He had felt everything too, right?

Wrong.

"I don't love you, I love Ananya." He said, without having an inch of remorse on his eyes. Did he know what was happening to me? Was he doing this on purpose, was he intent on breaking me until I was nothing?

He was succeeding.

"This was a mistake, Eira." He said. "We're best friends, Ananya's my girlfriend. I don't love you." He was repeating the same thing over and over again, bringing tears to my eyes.

"I'm going to go. This was a mistake. It was a mistake coming here." He said, turning around.

"Wait. If you walk out that door, I will never talk to you." I asked, after a pause. "You have to choose." I needed to know.

He didn't say anything, keeping his back turned towards me. I walked towards him, I knew that he did have some feelings for me.

"Ananya, always." He said and walked out of my house and my life, possibly breaking my heart and my will to survive. Everything was gone now.

Everything.

Thank you for 700+ reads. I can't believe it, myself. I know I have been giving you slloooow updates, but bear with me for the drama is about to start. It's just I take a long time typing out chapters😕