Chapter 17

Eira's POV

Uday, ma, papa and I were sitting in the living room.

I know, it was so awkward. Uday was staring at papa with so much hatred and ma wasn't even looking at him. It was silent for a while until ma got up from the sofa and brought over a bunch of papers and slammed them on the table, making papa jump. She also threw a pen on top of the papers.

"Sign." She said, pointing to the papers.

"You know, Neilani, you are nothing without me, I hope you understand." Papa says, picking up the papers. "I'll sign the bloody divorce papers and you understand, you and our children are on the road." He smirked and signed the papers.

"We'll survive, Arjun." Ma said, looking at him with hatred in her eyes.

"Oh really? With no money to your name, you'll survive?" He said, laughing out loud.

"Oh, papa, papa, papa." Uday said, tutting at him. "You clearly forgot who's son I am, dad." He says.

"What do you mean?" Dad's smile was wiped off of his face. "What did you do?"

"Here." Uday got up and brought another set of papers. "The board of directors have elected me as the new chairman and CEO of the company. In that case, I can do so many things!" He said, smiling. "Eira, I don't know exactly what though. Mind telling dad?"

"Oh, absolutely!" I said, crossing my legs and leaning back. "He can actually fire you." I said, with faux surprise.

"You can't do that." He said, looking at the both of us with surprise before he took the papers in a hurry and started leafing through them. "I am still on the board! And plus, I own maximum shares of my company!"

"Oh, your company?" Ma said, keeping a hand on her chest. "Your company is worth nothing, Arjun. It is my father's company which merged with yours and it is my company again, on our divorce. You signed the prenuptial agreement, remember? I have the document with me."

"What?" He said, aghast.

"So, you have no money, nowhere to live and two mouths to feed!" Uday said. "Have fun and do tell Mallika that she's a bitch from my side, please." He nodded and called security.

"You can't do this to me, I'm your father!"

"Bye bye, dad." I waved him off as he was dragged by security.

Savagery Level = High

In other news, thank you for 500 reads💛. I'm so glad you enjoy the story as much as I enjoy writing it.