Chapter 26

Eira's POV

"So, what's the occasion?" I asked, touching my lehanga. We were going to The Plaza in our most glamorous gowns and I was a bit puzzled. Whose wedding were we going to attend?

"Nothing, beta. You'll see when we get there." She smiled and patted my thigh. Woah, okay. Ma's acting too sweet.

"Is Uday meeting us there?" I asked, receiving a nod from my mother.

"Wow, it must be something special!" I wondered. Nowadays, with Uday replacing papa at the top, it's been work and sleep. Even though I hate papa right now, I did admire how he handled pressure so well.

"Listen," Ma turned to me. "Your dad's also coming and we need an absolute perfect no nonsense attitude from you." She spoke.

"What? But why?" I said, aghast. Since the incident, he hadn't even tried to come in contact with me or us, for that matter, reinforcing my opinion of him. He didn't give a rat's as about us. He had replaced us with Mallika and her unborn kid.

Were we that bad? He practically shunned us!

"It's an important occasion, beti. Believe me, even I don't want to uninvite him." She said.

"What's the occasion?" I practically shouted, voicing my frustrations. She looked at me, warning clear in her eyes.

"Don't shout at me, I'm still your mother." She said, calmly. That made me shrink into the seat even more.

Soon, we reached the place. It was decked from head to toe in golden fairy lights and as I got out from the car, I look around, in awe.

"Maa, this is such an amazing place!" I said, twirling. My lehanga flared out from under my ankles.

"Enough twirling, Eira. Let's go inside." She said, beckoning me to come near to her with a smile. As I neared her, I could clearly see tears in her eyes.

"Aare, Ma! Why are you crying?" I asked, hurring to her. "Are you hurt?"

"No, no." She takes out a handkerchief that she had in her purse. "Oh, I'm so happy."

"Chalo, Ma. You're so emotional." I shook my head and helped her walk in, admiring the place as I did so.

At the entrance, I met Neal.

"Aunty, Eira!" He waved. "You both look stunning." He said, kissing ma's hand and holding me by the waist. I looked on with surprise clear on my face. Why was he holding me like that?

Before I could say anything, he whispered in my ear. "Don't say anything, I'll explain."

I kept quiet and followed ma whereas Neal walked beside me.

"What's happening here, Neal?" I whispered as ma met her friends.

"Just remember, it's all for you." He whispered as the aunties took notice of us.

"Oh, congratulations!" One of them said, looking at us. She pulled me closer and looked at my face. Then she turned to my mother.

"Kitni pyari hai!" She cheered. "Beta, kisi ki nazar na lage." She did the hand motion.

I smiled. I was so uncomfortable with the entire thing. Why were they acting like they hadn't seen me before?

"Excuse me?" Uday was speaking on the mic. He looked in my eyes and smiled.

"What are you doing?" I mouthed to him.

He only smiled.

"I would like to say congrats to my baby sister, she has defied all odds." He paused while the others laughed. "I always saw her as a baby and I never wanted her to get married." He laughed.

What the fuck was he talking on and on about?

"But, if she did have to get married, I'm glad it's Neal."

Woaaaaah, she's getting married now?

Haha, lol😂

Anyways, I thank you for a thousand reads and it's not even been a month😄😄

So, even if you're tired of me thanking you, thank you. You guys have shown an enormous support with all three of my books [Ephemeral, Nebulochaotic and Nelipot] and you guys are awesome.

Thank you💛❤