Chapter 31

Eira's POV

"Why are you here?" I asked, pulling him inside the room, lest anyone see him.

"I came to talk to you." Hardik looked at me.

"Well, I'm sorry. If you had seen the disaster that is my house, you would've known, I have a wedding to prepare for." I said, hurt. It hurt that he chose to ignore me rather than face the matter.

"I can't even begin to say how sorry I am." He looked at me, I looked away.

No, he just can't do that.

"You can't just barge in here and tell me your sorry." I said, pushing him. Yet, he didn't seem to budge. "You can't expect me to forgive you, when you left me here to face everything that's been going on."

"And I should've been there for you, I know." He soothed out.

"Why weren't you there then?" I said, my eyes watering. Seeing this, his eyes widened.

"Jaanu, please don't cry." He begged me, holding my hand.

"How can you tell me not to cry when I've cried so much already!" I sobbed out. He would be the death of me, I swear.

"I'm so sorry, Ananya told some things that got to me, honestly." He said.

"What did she say?" I calmed down.

"Honestly, what have I got to offer the company?" He asked me, us sitting on the bed.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

He came closer and my breath hitched. He then slowly wiped off the tear tracks on my face. "I mean," he whispered. "Look at Uday. Marrying him would bring about the greatest company partnership ever." He shrugged but I could see the hurt in his eyes. "I'm just a cricketer."

"Nonsense." I sniffed and came closer to him, our knees touching. "You're not just any cricketer, you're my cricketer." I whispered.

"Who cares if you don't have a company, you keep me happy." I said, putting my hands around him. "And Uday will understand!" I told him, practically sitting on his lap now. "Please stop thinking this way, na. You're the most important thing that I need."

He nuzzled me on my neck.

"I really really like you, Eira."

"I really really like you too."

Okay, I know. It's a short chappie but they needed to have a happy ending for at least one chapter.

If you were wondering why they don't say I love you to each other, it's because 'I really like you' is their thing. Love isn't something that you say all the time, it's what you express it through small acts, if you get what I mean.

Besides, there's less than five chapters remaining! Yay! Or maybe not?

Anyways, there's actually two more reasons why this chapter is a small one. The first reason being that I was bored and decided to make a new cover for this book.

Without further ado, the cover!

It's literal trash, I get it. But his ARMS😍 dammit, it gets me weak in the knees. Hopefully, he'll catch me before I fall [in his to-die arms😜]

Okay, let me tell you something about myself that you may or may not know. I'm scatter brained, okay? I for the love of God cannot keep my concentration on one thing and I need to do something else all the time. Hence why I was late on chapters for this book.

Due to this, I've done something else.

I've created a new book. And yes, it's about my first crush, Virat Kohli.

Meh, I've stopped caring by this point.

So, bring on the second reason!

This is cover #3 of Kairos, because yes I'm extra and I made three covers😂 I could've deleted it, but HE CANNOT BE DELETED, OKAY?

The book will be out as soon as Nelipot ends, so yay! Or nay?

Please comment below😊😊💛