Chapter 11

Eira's POV

Day of the Engagement

I was so nervous and it wasn't even my engagement. Hardik was going to confess to Gia today and I was going to meet Pallavi today after that incident at the boutique. To say that I was nervous was putting it mildly.

Hardik had decided that he would pick me up and we would go to the Marriott. Honestly, I didn't want to go and see the shit show that this was going to become. But I had to, for Hardik.

Sometimes, I wonder why I told him what to drink at the VKF.

I wore a white salwar kameez with gold embellishments and quickly put on gold jhumkas when I saw the time. It was already 12pm. It took a good half an hour to reach the Marriott from my place. I quickly wore my shoes when I heard honking from below.

Hardik was nervously clutching the steering wheel when I got in, he didn't even acknowledge that I had got in. He was so fucking nervous for this.

"So, let's go?" I said after putting on my seatbelt, making Hardik jump.

"Hey, when did you come in?" Hardik asked, looking at me.

"About the time you were wondering how to confess," I said, laughing. "Listen, are you sure you want to do this?" I asked.

"I want to, Eira." He said, looking at me while he held the wheel even tighter. I slowly put one of my hands on top of his, holding it. "I have to."

"I know." I said, squeezing his knuckles. He left the wheel and held my hand more tightly and I held on. The feeling on his hands on mine, I closed my eyes.

Sooner than later, he left my hand and started the car. "Let's go." He said, looking straight. I pulled my hand back and let my hand rest on my lap, tears prickling my eyes at the fact that the person I actually had grown to love was going to confess to someone else.

I hope he would come back from this, I really did. I hope he would notice me after this.

Gia's POV [Surprise!]

"Come on, Gia! Sit still, pata hai that you want to smash that fine boy but anyways you have to stay separate till the wedding!" Pallavi said, laughing. Hazel was actually redoing my eyes because I had just started crying in the middle of nowhere. Hormones are messing with me already.

"Guys, I love you." I said, looking up at the ceiling as Hazel applied kohl on my lower waterline.

"Aw, we love you too!" Sakshi didi replied. Ziva was with her dad and Dhoni was in the groom party. Everyone had a martini in their hands, except me for obvious reasons. Although we had taken my drink too, so as to not let Virat get suspicious. This had to be the best surprise he had ever got.

"So, where's the honeymoon?" Ananya asked, looking straight at me, making me blush. "Look at her!" Mayanti laughed, sipping her drink.

"Stop guys!" I said, looking away. I couldn't even hide my face because Hazel was doing the touch ups. Damn this makeup!

"By the way, where's Eira? Did you give her the invite?" Geeta asked, looking at Pallavi and Ananya. They were both responsible for the invites because they had said that they didn't have anything to do.